Shadow Mountain Community Church
|Shadow Mountain Community Church|
|Denomination||Southern Baptist Convention|
|Division||California Southern Baptist Convention|
|Senior pastor(s)||David Jeremiah|
Shadow Mountain Community Church is an evangelical Christian megachurch affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention and located in El Cajon, California, a suburb of San Diego. The church celebrated its centennial in 2009.
The first meeting was held in 1909. The church was founded in San Diego in 1912 as Scott Memorial Baptist Church, in memory of U.S. Army chaplain Winfield Scott. It was later renamed Shadow Mountain. For 25 years the church was led by senior pastor and best-selling author Tim LaHaye. David Jeremiah succeeded noted LaHaye as senior pastor in 1981; in 1982 he launched an international radio and television ministry called Turning Point Ministry.
- "About Us". Shadow Mountain Ministries. December 11, 2007. Retrieved 2014-07-05. "...since 1909 when a retired Civil War Captain, Chaplain Winfield Scott, held his first meeting."
- "Scott’s life an example for today". East Valley Tribune (Tempe, Arizona). Ocobert 6, 2011.
- Domenico, Roy P.; Hanley, Mark Y. (2006). Encyclopedia of Modern Christian Politics. Greenwood Press. p. 318. ISBN 0-313-33889-2.
- Batterson, David (June 9, 2014). "Shadow Mountain church sets up in Hillcrest". San Diego Reader. Retrieved 28 June 2014.
- "Grace Campus". Shadow Mountain Community Church. Retrieved 28 June 2014.
- "Fathers Day Tebowmania at San Diego's Qualcomm Stadium". CNN ireport. June 21, 2012. Retrieved 28 June 2014.