||This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2014)
The shadow dragon is a type of dragon in the fantasy role-playing game Dungeons & Dragons.
The shadow dragon first appeared in the first edition Monster Manual II (1983).
The shadow dragon appeared in second edition for the Greyhawk setting in the Monstrous Compendium Greyhawk Appendix (1990), and is reprinted in the Monstrous Manual (1993).
The shadow dragon appeared in third edition for the Forgotten Realms setting in Monsters of Faerûn (2001). The shadow dragon also appears in Draconomicon: The Book of Dragons (2003).
A shadow dragon is an evil dragon that uses illusion magic, and can breathe a cloud of darkness that blinds creatures and drains their life energy.
- ^ Gygax, Gary. Monster Manual II (TSR, 1983)
- ^ Breault, Mike, ed, et al. Greyhawk Monstrous Compendium Appendix (TSR, 1990)
- ^ Stewart, Doug, ed. Monstrous Manual (TSR, 1993)
- ^ Wyatt, James and Rob Heinsoo. Monstrous Compendium: Monsters of Faerûn (Wizards of the Coast, 2001)
- ^ Colins, Andy, Skip Williams, and James Wyatt. Draconomicon: The Book of Dragons (Wizards of the Coast, 2003)