Shadows in the Sun
|Shadows in the Sun|
|Directed by||Brad Mirman|
|Written by||Brad Mirman|
|Music by||Mark Thomas|
|Edited by||Eddie Hamilton|
|Running time||100 minutes|
|Country||Italy, UK, France|
- Not to be confused with the science fiction novel of the same title by Chad Oliver or the ethnobotany related book by Wade Davis
Shadows in the Sun is a television movie starring Harvey Keitel and Joshua Jackson. It premiered on ABC Family in 2005. It was written and directed by Brad Mirman, and was filmed under the title The Shadow Dancer.
Jeremy (Joshua Jackson), a British book editor, is an aspiring writer seeking a new lease on life. He is sent by his employer to Tuscany to elicit a new book from dried-up (and cantankerous) exiled author Weldon Parrish (Harvey Keitel). Jeremy is totally captivated by Weldon's daughter Isabella (Claire Forlani).
Only later, after many difficulties, Jeremy approximates the actual Weldon who becomes his mentor. They spend a bunch of time by walking around the country-side while exchanging the life experiences and thoughts. Together they socialize with the local people on various occasions and Jeremy befriends with a few of them. One festive night, he shares an intimate moment with Isabella.
At the end, mutual honesty of both men celebrates the success. Weldon finds an inspiration and once again is able to write. Jeremy is going to return but decides for a major change of his life based on his love interest.
- Harvey Keitel as Weldon Parish
- Joshua Jackson as Jeremy Taylor
- Claire Forlani as Isabella Parish
- Giancarlo Giannini as Father Moretti
- Armando Pucci as Gustavo
- Valeria Cavalli as Amalia
- Bianca Guaccero as Maura Parish
- Silvia De Santis as Dinnie Parish
- John Rhys-Davies as Mr. Benton
|This article related to a made-for-TV movie is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|