Shady Lady (Ani Lorak song)
|Single by Ani Lorak|
|from the album Солнце|
|B-side||"The Dream of Brighter Day",
"I'll Be Your Melody",
|Genre||Dance-pop, soul, disco|
|Producer(s)||Philipp Kirkorov, Dimitris Kontopoulos|
|Ani Lorak singles chronology|
"Shady Lady" was the Ukrainian entry for the 2008 Eurovision Song Contest. It was sung by Ani Lorak, composed by Philipp Kirkorov and written by Karen Kavaleryan. However, in Greece, around the time of the Contest, there were many rumors stating that popular composer Dimitris Kontopoulos had actually composed the song. Although his name was not credited during the Eurovision Song Contest performances, it was later confirmed that Kontopoulos was indeed a producer of the song.
The song competed in the second semi-final on 22 May, performing 4th in the running order, preceding Turkey's Mor ve Ötesi with "Deli" and preceding Lithuania's Jeronimas Milius with "Nomads in the Night". It received 152 points, placing 1st in a field of 19 and qualifying for the final.
In the final she performed her song 18th, following Georgia's Diana Gurtskaya with "Peace Will Come" and preceding France's Sébastien Tellier with "Divine". It received 230 points, despite only receiving the maximum 12 points only once, from Portugal, coming 2nd in a field of 25, behind Dima Bilan's song "Believe" for Russia. A Russian-language version of the song exists, titled "С неба в небо" ("From Sky to Sky").
The single itself has become very successful in Ukraine featuring two A-sides: "Shady Lady" and "Ja Stanu Morem" ("I'll Be A Sea"), which was also a Eurovision candidate. The single also featured the video of "Shady Lady" as a bonus track, while the other three Eurovision candidates were also included. It charted for over 30 weeks, peaking at number 1 on the official Ukrainian charts, while also faring well in neighbouring countries.[which?]
- Ukrainian edition
- "Shady Lady" (Philipp Kirkorov, Karen Kavaleryan)
- "The Dream of Brighter Day" (Ani Lorak, Juri Sak)
- "I'll Be Your Melody" (Bozheny Kostroma)
- "Ždu tebja" ("Waiting for You")
- "Ja Stanu Morem" ("I'll Be A Sea")
- "Shady Lady" (Video)
|Swedish Singles Chart||57|
|Ukrainian Airplay Chart||1|
- Floras, Stella (2008-07-30). "Ukraine: Ani Lorak in Greece". ESCToday. Retrieved 2009-05-09.
- "Clip of performance of "Shady Lady" at the pre-selection".
- "Ani Lorak to sing Shady lady in Eurovision" (in English). ESCToday.com. 2008-02-23. Retrieved 2008-02-23.
- "Ani Lorak to sing song of Kirkorov in Eurovision". UNIAN. 2008-02-25.
- "Sweden Singles Chart". SwedishCharts.com. 2008-06-05.
- "Ukrainian Top 40". ukrtop.
"Dancing Lasha Tumbai" by Verka Serduchka
|Ukrainian entry in the Eurovision Song Contest
"Be My Valentine! (Anti-Crisis Girl)" by Svetlana Loboda