Nasser bin Hamad Al Khalifa
|Spouse||Shaikha Shaikha bint Mohammed bin Rashed Al Maktoum|
|Father||Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa|
|Mother||Sheia bint Hasan Al-Khrayyesh Al-Ajmi|
8 May 1987 |
Nasser bin Hamad Al Khalifa (Arabic: ناصر بن حمد آل خليفة) (born: 8 May 1987) is a member of the Bahraini royal family and the commander of Bahrain's Royal Guard and president of the Bahrain Olympic Committee.
Early life and education
He was educated in Bahrain at Ibn Khuldoon National School and then attended Sandhurst Military Academy in the United Kingdom, graduating in August 2006. He is currently serving in the Bahrain Defence Force and leads the Bahrain National Endurance Team.
Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Royal Charity Organisation (RCO), Nasser bin Hamad is directly involved in charity work with many local and international community projects.
He has participated in many regional and international endurance races and won many medals.
In December 2006, Nasser led the Bahrain National Endurance team in the Doha Asian Games and won a silver medal in the individual race and the six-member Bahraini squad came second in the overall team event.
In September 2007, Nasser led the Bahrain National Endurance team in the European Open held at Portugal and came in 8th place in the individual race and the Bahrain team won a silver medal for coming in second place as a team.
He married in Dubai on 28 September 2009 (nikah and 2 October 2009 (milcha)) to Shaikha bint Mohammed bin Rashed Al Maktoum, the daughter of the Emir of Dubai, Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. Together they have one daughter and two sons:
- Sheema bint Nasser Al Khalifa (born 16 July 2010)
- Hamad bin Nasser Al Khalifa (born 6 June 2012)
- Mohammad bin Nasser Al Khalifa (born 6 June 2012)
Sheikh Nasser became the subject of unfounded allegations of torture after violent anti-government protests in 2011. During the Arab Spring Bahraini Uprising, three different individuals(of which remain anonymous) reported to human rights groups that they had personally been beaten by Nasser. (names of the alleged victims or proof has yet to be announced or submitted).
Titles, styles and awards
|Monarchical styles of
|Reference style||His Highness|
|Spoken style||Your Highness|
Titles and styles
- 8 May 1987 - 6 March 1999: Sheikh Nasser bin Hamad Al Khalifa
- 6 March 1999 - 14 February 2002: His Excellency Sheikh Nasser bin Hamad Al Khalifa
- 14 February 2002 – present: His Highness Sheikh Nasser bin Hamad Al Khalifa
Honours and awards
- Knight Grand Cross of the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic (17 October 1996)
- "Captain Shaikh Nasser promoted to colonel and appointed BDF Royal Guard Commander". Bahrain News Agency. 19 June 2011. Retrieved 12 March 2012.
- "Colonel Shaikh Nasser To Head Royal Guard". Bahrain Tribune. 20 June 2011. Retrieved 12 March 2012.
- "BAHRAIN: The Al-Khalifa Dynasty". The Royal Ark.
- "Kuwait: 2009 Shk Nasser bin Hamad Al Kalifa Endurance Cup". Endurance. Retrieved 25 December 2010.
- "Shaikh Nasser Bin Hamad Al Khalifa's CV". Al Furrsan. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- "Crown Prince congratulates Shaikh Nasser". Bahrain News Agency. 14 December 2006. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- "Sheikh Mohammed".