||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (September 2011)|
|Born||21 July 1981
|Other names||Shaili Chopra|
|Education||Master in Broadcast and Television|
|Occupation||News anchor of ET Now|
Shaili Chopra is an Indian business journalist with nearly twelve years of experience in television anchoring, reporting and writing columns. She is the Business Editor for Tehelka, writes a popular golf column Tee Off With Shaili Chopra for the DNA. Until September 2012, Shaili was the Senior Editor and Lead Female Anchor at ET Now, the Economic Times Business News Channel. Shaili anchored the primetime shows and interviewed the likes of Warren Buffett, George Soros, Anshu Jain, P Chidambaram, Christine Lagarde and many others.
Shaili Chopra was born in Jalandhar on 21 July 1981 in Punjab to Anil & Suman Chopra. Father Anil Chopra is a fighter pilot in the Indian Air Force in the rank of Air Marshal. In 1998, Shaili finished her schooling from Air Force Golden Jubilee Institute,New Delhi. Shaili finished her master's degree in Broadcast and Television from 2002 batch, The Asian College of Journalism, Chennai. Her writings and poetry are also published in Times of India, Indian Express, Pioneer, among various other magazines and websites like The South Asian Women's Forum and even an anti war news blog.
Shaili Chopra was awarded the prestigious Ramnath Goenka Award for Excellence in Business Journalism at the Indian Express RNG Awards 2012.
Shaili worked with NDTV 24 x 7 as Markets & Corporate Affairs Editor and NDTV Profit as the Senior News Editor-Corporate for over 5 years and now works at ET NOW. She has won many awards including News Television Award for the Best English Reporter across India in 2007 and later in 2008, her business-golf show Business on Course, won the Best Show Award. In March 2010, Shaili Chopra won the Best Business Anchor award and was felicitated with FICCI's Woman Achiever Award. Shaili has also covered international events like the G-20, WEF@Davos, The Bretton Woods conference 2011, India Economic Summit and the World Retail Congress. Shaili's interviews include Warren Buffett, Citigroup's Vikram Pandit, Nobel Laureate Amartya Sen, former Finance Minister P Chidambaram, Blackrock's Chairman Larry Fink, Deutsche Bank's Anshu Jain, Microsoft's Steve Ballmer, PepsiCo's Indra Nooyi, Standard Chartered's Asia Chief Jaspal Bindra, ICICI's KV Kamath, HDFC's Deepak Parekh, New Vernon's Arshad Zakaria, Soc Gen's Global Private Banking Head Daniel Truchi, Citibank's Former India Chief & KKR CEO Sanjay Nayar, Citi's India Head of Global Banking Pramit Jhaveri, Morgan Stanley's India MD Aisha De Sequeira, other famous Indian bankers like Uday Kotak, Nimesh Kampani, Hemendra Kothari.Global corporate faces like Rothchild's Lady Lynn, Ikea's Anders Dahlvig, WEF's Klaus Schwab, Anand Mahindra, Kumar Mangalam Birla, Rahul Bajaj, Sunil Mittal and many others.
Shaili Chopra and her husband Shivnath Thukral also reported live from outside the Taj Mahal Hotel in Mumbai during the terror attacks of 26/11. NDTV launched the pathbreaking series Ideas For Change in the aftermath of the 26/11 attacks on the Taj and Shaili was associated with that.  This series reached out to people, CEOs, politicians, social groups alike to report on solutions to the changing threat of terror. It mobilised every single CEO who mattered to speak up. The series followed it up with Ideas For Change (Corporate Governance in light of the Satyam fraud) and with Ideas For Change This Election.
- Writes articles and Columns for Tehelka Tehelka.com
- Has a popular golf Column Tee Off with Shaili Chopra on DNA http://www.dnaindia.com/authors/shaili-chopra
- Was lead anchor of ET NOW and hosted Business Tonight at 9 pm and Business Express at 730pm
- India's flagship golf show Tee Time With Shaili Chopra (earlier called Business On Course)
- Big Exclusives with Anshu Jain, Vikram Pandit, Warren Buffett, Indra Nooyi, Kamal Nath, CB Bhave - WATCH 
NDTV Profit (2004-2009)
- Business on Course
- Power Lunch (Weekdays)
- Profit At Night at 9 pm (Everyday)
- Pioneering Spirit- A product of Lufthansa
- India Unleashed - A series of debates across India
- Dream Merchants : Top Investment Bankers of India
- In the Ambit Of : Sector Roundtables
- India's Budget : Pan India show on budget demands from big cities
- All In The Family: Siblings In India's Business World
- Good Economics Is Good Politics: With the Ministers Who Matter
- The Next Big Move With Anand Mahindra
- Lehman Legacy: End of A Depressing Year
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shaili Chopra.|
- "Sawf.org". Sawf.org. Retrieved 2013-09-05.
- "CNN-IBN, NDTV India win 9 out of 47 at the Indian News Television Awards, CNN-IBN wins best English news channel, Rajdeep Sardesai Newsmaker of the year, Prannoy Roy lifetime achievement, Barkha Dutt best TV news anchor". Dancewithshadows.com. Retrieved 2013-09-05.
- [dead link]
- "Nitesh Estates launches 'Nitesh Long Island' at Bangalore". Indiainfoline.com. 2013-04-11. Retrieved 2013-09-05.
- "TV’s hits and misses of terror attacks". Hindustan Times. 2008-12-05. Retrieved 2013-09-05.
- "NDTV Profit launches Ideas for Change - Oneindia Entertainment". Entertainment.oneindia.in. 2008-12-04. Retrieved 2013-09-05.