Shake Your Rump
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|"Shake Your Rump"|
|Song by Beastie Boys from the album Paul's Boutique|
|Released||July 25, 1989|
|Genre||Hip hop, funk|
Mario Caldato Jr.
|Paul's Boutique track listing|
- Produced & written by the Beastie Boys and the Dust Brothers.
- Engineered by Mario Caldato and Allen Abrahamson.
Informations taken from whosampled
- "Holy Ghost" by the Bar-Kays
- "That's the Joint" by Funky 4+1
- "8th Wonder" by the Sugarhill Gang
- "Jazzy Sensation" by Afrika Bambaataa
- "Good Times Bad Times" by Led Zeppelin
- "Dancing Room Only" by Harvey Scales
- "Funky Snakefoot" by Alphonze Mouzon
- "Tell Me Something Good" by Ronnie Laws
- "Unity" by James Brown and Afrika Bambaataa
- "No Matter What Sign You Are" by Diana Ross and The Supremes
- "6 O'Clock DJ (Let's Rock)", "Born to Love You", & "Yo Yo" by Rose Royce
- "Super Mellow", by Paul Humphrey, Willie Bobo, Shelly Manne, & Louis Bellson
Popular culture references 
Informations taken from:
- Club Med
- Fred Flintstone
- Patty Duke
- Joe Lutcher
- The Brady Bunch
- Bong bubbling before shotgun blast sound effect, as in "shotgunning" the bong
Music video 
The video presents the Beasties rapping and dancing in front and around three cameras: one at high shot, one at medium, and one at low. The song is slightly altered.
- The accidental synchronize from "To All the Girls" is taken out.
- The tape rewinding in the middle of the song is replaced.
- The wind sound effect at the end of the song is taken out because it segues into "Johnny Ryall."