4 April 1960 |
Limda (Hanubhana), Gujarat
|Political party||Indian National Congress|
Shaktisinh Harishchandrasinh Gohil (born April 4, 1960) was the leader of opposition in the Gujarat Legislative Assembly from 2009-2012. He is a member of the Indian National Congress and was an MLA from Bhavnagar City (South) constituency  for 2009-2012. He led the congress party in 2012 Gujarat Assembly Elections but lost his seat in the election to Purshottam Solanki of the BJP.
Early life and education
Born on April 4, 1960 at Limda in Bhavnagar district, Shaktisinh has earned degree in B.Sc. LL.M., Diploma in Computers and Diploma in Journalism.
- Former Leader of Opposition, Gujarat Legislative Assembly,
- Minister of State in two consecutive governments from 1991-March 1995 and held various portfolios like Finance, Education, Health, Environment, Narmada, General Administration Department, Technical Education and Education Policy. Was the youngest minister in Gujarat and had the highest number of portfolios.
- Chief Whip of the Congress Legislative Party(CLP),1995-98.
- Chief Spoke Person Gujarat state Congress 2002-2007
- Represented Bhavnagar South Constituency as MLA from 1990 to 1998. Got the highest number of votes amongst Congress candidates in Saurashtra region in ’95 elections.
- All India Congress Committee (AICC)member since 1990.
- General Secretary of Gujarat State Youth Congress(1989).
- President District Youth Congress(1986).
- Vice President Bhavnagar District Panchayat
- Co-ordinator of Development Centre, Indian Youth Congress, Bhopal(1986).
- Vice President Gujarat State Youth Board (1987-1990).
- President of Land Development Bank,Umrala(1986-1993).
- Member State Youth Board (1981-1990).
- President Bhavnagar Study Circle(1984).
- Attended refresher course for ministers and bureaucrats at Administrative Staff College, Hyderabad,1994.
- President, Bharucha Cricket Club, the oldest cricket club of the district since 1992
|This article about an Indian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|