||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2009)|
|Birth name||Shalim Gerardo Ortiz Goyco|
February 26, 1979 |
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Shalim Gerardo Ortiz Goyco[note 1] (born February 26, 1979 in San Juan, Puerto Rico) is a singer/actor. He is the eldest son of Puerto Rican entertainer Elin Ortiz and his wife, the Dominican singer, television presenter, and actress Charytín Goyco.
Ortiz starred in WAPA-TV's television show Los Angelitos at the age of seven. Los Angelitos, a children's comedy about a group of children in a school.
He moved to Miami, Florida with his family, which also include a brother and sister who are twins. There, he tried a career as a model. Later on, he would be signed by producer Emilio Estefan, husband of Gloria Estefan. With Estefan, Shalim was able to contact the William Morris Agency and Sony records.
In 2007, Ortiz starred as Miguel in the romantic, web-only series "Engaged" and also portrayed Alejandro Herrera on Heroes. His character was killed in the penultimate episode of the second season. He guest starred in an episode of Cory in the House as Bahavian singer Nanoosh. He also is featured in the Hallmark Channel movie Expecting a Miracle, which first premiered January 10, 2009.
- Spin (2006) - Carlos
- The Art of Travel (2008) - Carlos 'Bullet'
- Yuniol (2008) - Yuniol (Dominican Republic)
- The Winged Man (2008) - Winged Man
- Partigiano (2008) - Marco
- Touched (2009) - Jimmy
- Goldberg P.I. (2011) - Jesus
- Villa Captive (2011) - Dan
- Sangre de Familia (2012) - Alejandro (Mexico)
- Abril y Mayo - Detective David (Mexico)
- 5 Bravo - Rafael
In 2003, he began dating Miss Universe Amelia Vega. In 2008 he married actress Lesley Ann Machado in an outside wedding at The Cottage Bed & Breakfast in Monticello, Florida. Machado gave birth to their first son, Liam Michel Ortiz in September 2009 at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
In 2003 and 2004, Ortiz completed a world tour that included stops in Europe and in South America. He is also an advocate of the American Diabetes Association; his father Elin has diabetes. Ortiz has also become a spokesman of the ADA for the Hispanic population of the United States.
- Cuarto sin Puerta
- Heroes Revealed! - David Anders, Kristen Bell, Dania Ramirez, Shalim Ortiz, Dana Davis: new Heroes
- imdb Office Paranormal
- Milcíades Humberto Núñez Núñez. "FREDDY BERAS GOICO: IN MEMORIAM (2 de 2)". Cápsulas Genealógicas (in Spanish). Santo Domingo: INSTITUTO DOMINICANO DE GENEALOGÍA, INC. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- René Goyco (27 January 2000). "Researching Goyco, Goico, Goicovich" (in Spanish). Retrieved 28 May 2013.