From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Shallum ("retribution") was the name of several people of the Old Testament.
- Shallum of Israel, king of Israel.
- King of Judah also known as Jehoahaz.
- Shallum (son of Tikvah), keeper of the temple-wardrobe in the reign of Josiah (2. Kings 22:14) and husband of Huldah the Prophetess.
- One of the posterity of Judah (1. Chronicles 2:40, 41).
- A descendant of Simeon (1. Chr. 4:25).
- A descendant of Levi, and one of the line of the high priests (1. Chr. 6:13).
- One of the sons of Naphtali (1. Chr. 7:13).
- Shallum was a gatekeeper who lived in Jerusalem (1. Chr. 9:17).
- A Levite porter (1. Chr. 9:19, 31; Jer. 35:4).
- The uncle of the prophet Jerusalum (Jer. 32:7).
- Shallum (son of Hallohesh), ruler of a half-district of Jerusalem, repaired a section of the wall of Jerusalem with the help of his daughters (Neh. 3:12).