The lake attracts many birds, making it a good birdwatching spot. A resort run by the Government of Andhra Pradesh is located near the lake. The Outer Ring Road will pass close to the lake. There are many resorts and Private Dhabas around the lake.You can also visit The famous Celebrity Club and the 4 star Alankrita Resort are not very far from the lake. The Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani Hyderabad campus is also situated near the lake. It can also be seen from the lake. Today, the pond offer boating facilities
The Shamirpet Police takes care of the lake as there were many cases regarding drowning of people in this lake. There are many Warning Boards around the lake erected by the Authorities.
- Osman Sagar
- Himayat Sagar
- Nalsar University of Law
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani – Hyderabad
- "Not the poorer cousin, anymore". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 2 April 2006.
- "Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani - Hyderabad".
- "‘Translocation of deer fails to swell tiger count’". The Times Of India.
- "Government of Andhra Pradesh".
- "Drowning of people in Shamirpet lake". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 11 June 2008.
- "Nalsar University of Law - Hyderabad".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shamirpet Lake.|
|This article about a location in Hyderabad district is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|