Shan Food Industries
|Product type||Food processing|
|Owner||Muhammad Sikandar Sultan (CEO)|
Shan Foods (Pvt) Ltd. is a Pakistani producer of spice mixes used in Pakistani cuisine and other dishes of South Asia. The company's products are exported to many nations, and the popularity of such products is due to the reduction in the time required to make traditional meals.
Shan has also recently launched a new brand Shoop Noodles.
Shan Foods began as a cottage industry in 1981 by Sikandar Sultan, the managing director. A few years later it started exporting to Europe, United Kingdom, United States and the Middle East. Within a decade, Shan was exporting to 25 countries.
In 2000, Shan increased its penetration in the central and northern regions of Pakistan, and officially launched in India in 2004. Shan exports to 65 countries making it Pakistan's largest exporter of packaged spice, food, and rice mixes. The company also sponsors cooking competitions.
- 2008-2009 Best Export Performance Awards, KCCI
- 2005-2006 Best Export Performance Award, FPCCI
- 2004-2005 Best Export Performance Award, FPCCI
- 2004-2005 Best Merit Performance Award, FPCCI
- 2003-2004 Best Export Performance Award, FPCCI
- 2003-2004 Export Performance Awards, KCCI
- Pakistan’s King of Masalas spins his own magic Sunday, April 27, 2008 The International News
- Rana Siddiqui (15 March 2004). "Food, the best PR?". The Hindu. Retrieved 20 July 2011.
- Prime Minister gives away KCCI export performance awards 28 Sep, 2009 Business Recorder