|Labels||Icezone Music, avex|
|Members||Marina Genda (2006-)
Junko Fukuda (2006-)
Chika Shibuya (2006-)
Manami Fuku (2006-)
Shanadoo (シャナドゥー?) is a Japanese Eurodance group formerly produced in Germany and now produced in Japan. The majority of their recorded works on their first two albums have been Japanese covers of a German dance group, E-Rotic.
- Junko Fukuda (福田淳子?) - 1.53m tall, born February 19, 1984; vocalist
- Chika Shibuya (渋谷千賀?), real name: Chika Takagi - 1.57m tall, born September 14, 1985; vocalist
- Manami Fuku (福愛美?) - 1.60m tall, born October 14, 1986; vocalist
- Marina Genda (源田マリナ?), real name: Marina Kakitsu - 1.58m tall, born January 9, 1989; vocalist
Shanadoo is an all female group made up of four young Japanese women from the Platinum Production agency. Shibuya, Fukuda and Fuku had worked together before the Shanadoo project had started as a part of Avex Trax's promotional unit, Vivace. Vivace's activities included work as race queens, bikini pin-up modeling and even a few Japanese Eurobeat-style recordings for various Avex Trax music compilations such as Girl's Box. Genda was later added to the group as Lead Vocalist once the Shanadoo project went into project with noted Eurodance Producer, David Brandes. Brandes' production credits include acts such as E-Rotic, Bad Boys Blue and Vanilla Ninja.
Welcome to Tokyo
Released on June 16, 2006 through one of Brandes' record labels, Icezone Music, Shanadoo's first single, "King Kong", a cover of E-Rotic's 2000 work of the same name, later recovered in 2005 by Hinoi Team in Japan, was met with great success. Shanadoo's works were exclusive to Germany and other European markets, such as Austria, until December 2006, when avex announced that a then untitled debut album would be released on February 28, 2007 in Japan.
In January 2007, it was announced by Icezone Music that Shanadoo's fourth single, to be released on March 9, 2007 in Germany, would be original content instead of a Japanese cover of E-Rotic. Shanadoo has remained active in 2008, with their activities shifting from Germany to Japan. They are currently building a fan following by frequently performing at numerous music festivals and events. Shanadoo also announced in late 2008, a collaboration with Japanese clothing design house Kiks Tyo to have their likeness appear on a designer t-shirt line set for release in early 2009.
On December 18, 2008, after a brief mention on Shanadoo's official blog in November 2008 of a new song "No Crime" being performed at recent live events, the Nintendo Wii video game Dance Dance Revolution Full Full Party was released in Japan featuring a short edit of the song. On January 29, 2009 an official soundtrack for the game is scheduled to be released that features a full version of the song. "No Crime" is produced by Japanese video game sound producer, Naoki Maeda, and is the first of Shanadoo's recorded works to not be produced by David Brandes. On November 25, 2009 Shanadoo released their third studio album entitled, "Launch Party!!!".
|2006||Welcome to Tokyo||63||—||—||Released on December 1, 2006 in Germany, on February 28, 2007 in Japan and a limited edition on April 27, 2007 in Germany|
|2007||The Symbol||—||—||—||Released on December 7, 2007 in Germany|
|2009||Launch Party||—||—||—||Released on November 25, 2009 in Japan|
|2006||King Kong||15||14||—||Released on June 16, 2006 in Germany. Original song "King Kong" by E-Rotic.||Welcome to Tokyo|
|My Samurai||17||15||—||Released on September 15, 2006 in Germany. Original song "Fred Come to Bed" by E-Rotic.|
|Guilty Of Love||30||32||—||Released on November 17, 2006 in Germany. Original song "Power of sex" by E-Rotic.|
|2007||Hypnotized||54||65||—||Released on March 9, 2007 in Germany. Also a bonus track on the limited edition of Welcome to Tokyo.||The Symbol|
|Japanese Boy||23||—||—||Released on October 5, 2007 in Germany. Original song "Japanese boy" by Aneka.|
|Think About||44||—||—||Released on December 7, 2007 in Germany.|
|2008||No Crime||—||—||—||Released on December 18, 2008. Available from Konami's Konami Music Full digital download service for Japanese cellphones. Also appeared on "Launch party".||Dance Dance Revolution Original Soundtrack|
|2009||Next Life||—||—||—||Released in 2009 in Japan.||Launch Party|
|Love Space Ship||—||—||—||Released on September 30, 2009 as a double A-Side digital single with "World's End Supernova" in Japan. Available on iTunes.|
|World's End Supernova||—||—||—||Released on September 30, 2009 as a double A-Side digital single with "Love Space Ship" in Japan. Available on iTunes.|
|2011||Shine||—||—||—||Released on February 9, 2011 as digital single in Japan. Available on iTunes.||TBA|
Album tracklists and original artists
Welcome to Tokyo
- "King Kong" ("King Kong" by E-Rotic)
- "Passion In Your Eyes" ("Shenandoah" by E-Rotic)
- "Guilty Of Love" ("The power of sex" by E-Rotic)
- "Ninja Tattoo" ("I'm over you" by E-Rotic)
- "My Samurai" ("Fred come to bed" by E-Rotic)
- "One Tear Ago" ("Is it you" by E-Rotic)
- "Just A Little Flirt" ("Just a little flirt" by E-Rotic)
- "Give A Little Love" ("Give a little love" by E-Rotic)
- "It's Like An Anime" ("Ecstasy" by E-Rotic)
- "Wake Me" ("Save me" by E-Rotic)
- "Listen To The Rhythm" ("Willy use a Billy...Boy" by E-Rotic)
- "Closer To Heaven" ("Baby don't miss me" by Bad Boys Blue)
- "Think About"
- "Lover On The Run" ("Lemmings on the run" by E-Rotic)
- "Gotta Get It Groovin'" ("Gotta get it groovin'" by E-Rotic)
- "Japanese Boy" ("Japanese boy" by Aneka)
- "Heart To Heart" ("Test my best" by E-Rotic)
- "Bonjour Tristesse" ("Dance with the vamps" by E-Rotic)
- "You Are My Daydream" ("I feel your heartbeat" by E-Rotic)
- "Once She Gets Tired"
- "From Time To Time" ("Rave me Dave" by E-Rotic)
- "L.O.V.E." ("L.O.V.E. (Sex on the beach)" by E-Rotic)
- "Fly Me To Shanghai" ("Oh Nick please not so quick (Flute Version)" by E-Rotic)
- "King Kong (Remix 2007)" ("King Kong" by E-Rotic)
- "Japanese Boy (Extended Version)" ("Japanese boy" by Aneka)
- "Think About (Extended Version)"
- "Love Space Ship"
- "Next Life"
- "Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah"
- "World's End Supernova"
- "Sound Space Scope"
- "MERRY TIME"
- "WALK'in ON"
- "Real Intention"
- "You Make Me"
- "Don't Call Me Baby 2010" ("Don't call me baby" by Madison Avenue)
- "Peaceful Morning"
- "Carry On"
- "Dora Theme Song (SHANADOO VERSION)" ("Dora, the explorer" by Joshua Sitron & Billy Straus)
- "Next Life (Caramel Pod Club Mix)"
- "No Crime"