December 16, 1969 |
Simi Valley, California
|Height||5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)|
|No. of adult films||90 as actress
43 as director
Shane (born December 16, 1969) is the stage name of an American former pornographic actress and director, known for creating the Shane's World series of adult videos after having debuted in the Seymore Butts video series. She is also the founder of an adult film production company of the same name. Shane is a member the AVN and Legends of Erotica Halls of Fame.
Shane started her adult film career in 1993. According to her Adult Video News magazine profile she and a girlfriend were impressed by a video made by Seymore Butts and decided to make a video of her own which she sent to him. He invited her to Los Angeles and soon after she began making videos with him and for other production companies. In addition to performing and appearing in Seymore Butts videos and those for her own production company, she worked predominantly in non-sex roles for a variety of adult film studios such as Evil Angel, Flying Leap Productions, Odyssey Entertainment, VCA Pictures, and Wicked Pictures.
Shane broke up with her Seymore Butt's in 1995 and started her own production company, Shane's World. In 1999, after the release of Shane’s World, Vol. 18: The Roller Coaster of Love, she retired from the adult industry to start a family with her husband. After her retirement, Shane was involved in a trademark dispute with two former employees: her personal assistant and cameraman, who go by the industry pseudonyms of Jennie and Brian Grant. This resulted in a licensing deal for the Shane's World name and the production company continued under the ownership of the Grants.
Shane was inducted into the AVN Hall of Fame in 2005. In June 2007, Shane came out of retirement to shoot a video called Shane and Friends for Odyssey Video. Later in 2009, she was inducted into the Legends of Erotica Hall of Fame.
Shane's World movies revolve around taking porn stars out of their element on trips to exotic or interesting locations and filming everything that happens in a documentary style. The premise of the studio's movies can be summed up as "MTV's The Real World meets gonzo style pornography". Shane's World gave many stars their start, which helped to increase their fan base.
- 1995 XRCO Unsung Siren
- 1996 F.O.X.E Female Fan Favorite
- 1997 XRCO Best Gonzo Series for Shanes World
- 1997 F.O.X.E Female Fan Favorite
- 2005 AVN Hall of Fame
- 2009 Legends of Erotica Hall of Fame
- Shane at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Staff. "Shane (I)". AVN.com. Adult Video News. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- Hegen, Ken (August 27, 2003). "The New Sex Ed". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- "Adult Video News - The 2005 AVN Hall of Fame Inductees". Web.archive.org. 2005-03-18. Archived from the original on 2005-03-18. Retrieved 2014-01-17.
- Gene Ross (2007-06-23). "Shane's Back and so is Odyssey Group Video". AdultFYI. Retrieved 2007-06-23.
- Sullivan, David. "Legends of Erotica Announces 2009 Hall of Fame Inductees Bill Margold namesTom Byron, Shane, Stephanie Swift, Sunset Thomas and Gerard Damiano to Legends list". AVN.com. Adult Video News. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- Rolling Stone: The New Sex Ed
- "XRCO past winners". Retrieved 2007-11-29.
- "FOXE Awards". Canada's Best Adult Entertainment Super Site. Retrieved 2008-01-02.