|Mayor of Gresham, Oregon|
|Member of Gresham City Council|
Shane Bemis is the mayor of Gresham, Oregon in the United States. Bemis was elected mayor in 2006, at the age of 34, becoming the youngest mayor in Gresham's history. Prior to serving as mayor, Bemis served as a city councilor for Gresham starting in 2003.
Bemis was named by the Portland Business Journal in 2007, as one of the region’s “Forty Under 40 Award” recipients. The “Forty Under 40 Award” honors 40 people in the region under the age of 40 who have shown great accomplishments in their professional lives and made outstanding contributions to their communities.
Shane Bemis is a prominent local business person in Gresham, where he is a restaurateur.
- City of Gresham website
- Ureel, Michael (February 26, 2008). "Ten police officers may be added to MAX line: Agency plans new precinct to fight crime on east side". Gresham Outlook.
- Franzen, Robin (March 27, 2007). "Gresham Mayor makes Forty under 40 list". The Oregonian.
- Boccelli's Ristorante website
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (April 2009)|
- An opinion piece on Shane Bemis from The Oregonian
- Stine, Mara (November 7, 2006). "Bemis elected mayor: Council president unseats Mayor Charles Becker with 58 percent of the vote". Gresham Outlook.
-  Multnomah County Voter's Guide 2006
- Redden, Jim (November 30, 2007). "TriMet rethinks Fareless Square: Officials put concerns, fixes on table at regional transit safety summits". Portland Tribune.
- "Gresham creating rental housing inspection program". Portland Business Journal. September 12, 2007.
- Stine, Mara (December 22, 2008). "Mayor asks for National Guard troops, vehicles to stay longer: Damascus to ask for emergency designation". The Gresham Outlook.
-  Bemis markets Gresham to solar industry
-  Mayor Bemis calls for volunteers
-  Gresham hosts green economic summit
- Myers, Ben (December 31, 2007). "Turning Things Around: Leaders credit Shane Bemis for recognizing Gresham’s problems and rolling up his sleeves to tackle them in his first year as mayor". The Gresham Outlook.
|This article about a mayor in Oregon is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|