|Full name||Shane Lewis Cansdell-Sherriff|
|Date of birth||10 November 1982|
|Place of birth||Sydney, Australia|
|Height||1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Left back, centre back|
|2002–2003||→ Rochdale (loan)||3||(0)|
|2012–2014||Preston North End||15||(1)|
|2013||→ Rochdale (loan)||17||(0)|
|2013–2014||→ Burton Albion (loan)||32||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 14:49, 27 December 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Shane Lewis Cansdell-Sherriff (born 10 November 1982), also known simply as Shane Sherriff, is an Australian professional footballer who plays for Burton Albion. Traditionally a left or central defender, Sherriff has also been deployed on the left side of midfield.
Sherriff's first professional club was Leeds United, who spotted him playing for the New South Wales academy team. He spent three years at the club, but only tasted first team football on loan at Rochdale in 2002. Sherriff was released by Leeds during the club's financial crisis in 2003, and signed for Danish Superliga side AGF Aarhus. After three years in Denmark, Sherriff was signed by Tranmere Rovers at the start of the 2006/07 season after impressing manager Ronnie Moore on trial and was made club captain, making over 40 appearances in his debut season. During the 2007/08 season, injuries to the club's first choice wingers Steve Davies and Chris Shuker and the arrival of Andy Taylor at left back saw Sherriff frequently appearing on the left side of midfield.
On 28 June 2008 he signed for Football League Two team Shrewsbury Town on a two-year contract. He scored a goal on his debut, a 40-yard thunderbolt, in the 4–0 win over Macclesfield Town on 9 August 2008. He established himself as a first team regular at the club, and in June 2010, he signed a new two-year contract with the club.
Cansdell-Sherriff played over 120 games for Shrewsbury and captained the side along with becoming the club's longest serving player at the time when he was playing with the team. On 16 March 2011, Cansdell-Sherriff was called to join the Australian national squad in Germany, however he did not feature.
After suffering a shoulder injury during a 2–1 home win to Southend in January 2012, Cansdell-Sherriff indicated his desire to earn a further contract extension at Shrewsbury Town On 16 May 2012, Cansdell-Sherriff joined Football League One side Preston North End after rejecting a new contract at Shrewsbury. On 25 September 2013, Cansdell-Sherriff joined League Two side Burton Albion on a three-month loan deal. He then signed a two-year with Burton Albion after his contract with Preston North End expired in May 2014.
- "List of Players under Written Contract Registered Between 01/07/2010 and 31/07/2010". The Football Association. Retrieved 2011-01-12.
- "Shrewsbury net defender Sherriff". BBC Sport. 28 June 2008. Retrieved 2008-07-05.
- "Shane Cansdell-Sheriff signs new Shrewsbury contract". BBC News. 22 June 2010. Retrieved 2010-06-22.
- "Shane Cansdell-Sherriff sets sights on Shrewsbury Town return". Shropshire Star. 2 February 2012. Retrieved 2012-05-02.
- "North End Continue To Strengthen". Preston North End. 16 May 2012. Retrieved 2012-05-16.
- "Shane Cansdell=Sherriff: Burton sign Preston defender". BBC Sport. 28 May 2014.
- Shane Cansdell-Sherriff career statistics at Soccerbase
- Official Danish League stats
- Tranmere Rovers profile
- OzFootball profile