Davis at Midtown Comics Downtown in Manhattan, April 20, 2010.
|Notable works||Final Crisis: Rage of the Red Lanterns
Mystery in Space
Superman: Earth One
Davis broke into the industry in 2003 at DC Comics by illustrating Robin #110 and a spot illustration in JLA-Z #3. The following year he illustrated other DC titles including Nightwing #88 and Wonder Woman #201, as well as the Marvel Comics' book Marvel Halloween Ashcan 2004. In the ensuing years he illustrated a variety of books for both publishers, such as Marvel Age Hulk, Action Comics and Batman. One of his more notable Batman stories was 2006's Batman Annual #25, which featured the return story of Jason Todd. That same year he illustrated Jay Faerber's series, Noble Causes #17, for Image Comics. Davis also drew the miniseries Mystery in Space vol. 2, written by Jim Starlin and featuring Captain Comet.
In 2007 Davis illustrated the first issue of the JLA/JSA crossover storyline "The Lightning Saga", and then became the penciller for Superman/Batman for issues #44-49. In 2008, Davis was tapped by writer Geoff Johns to be the artist for a Final Crisis tie-in one-shot entitled Rage of the Red Lanterns, which featured a lead-up to a story in the main Green Lantern title and its 2009 crossover Blackest Night. Davis' worked with writer J. Michael Straczynski on an original graphic novel starring Superman titled Superman: Earth One published in 2010. A second volume of Superman: Earth One was released in 2012.
- Action Comics #821 (among other artists) (2005)
- Batman #646, Annual #25 (2005-06)
- Final Crisis: Rage of the Red Lanterns (2008)
- Justice League of America, vol. 4, #8 (full art); #25 (among other artists) (2007-08)
- Mystery in Space, miniseries, #1-5, 7 (2006–07)
- Nightwing #88 (2004)
- Robin #110 (2003)
- Superman/Batman #44-49 (2008)
- Superman: Earth One (2010)
- Superman: Earth One - Volume Two (2012)
- Wonder Woman, vol. 2, #201 (2004)
- Marvel Age Spider-Man #13, 15 (2004-2005)
- Spider-Man Team-Up Special (Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four) #1 (2005)
- Shane Davis at the Grand Comics Database
- Cowsill, Alan; Dolan, Hannah, ed. (2010). "2000s". DC Comics Year By Year A Visual Chronicle. Dorling Kindersley. p. 327. ISBN 978-0-7566-6742-9. "[Mystery in Space] returned for an eight-issue run featuring Captain Comet, and was written by Jim Starlin and drawn by Shane Davis."
- "Justice League of America Vol. 2: The Lightning Saga". DC Comics. February 13, 2008. Archived from the original on October 22, 2012.
- "Superman/Batman: The Search for Kryptonite". DC Comics. October 29, 2008. Archived from the original on October 8, 2012.
- Rogers, Vaneta (October 20, 2008). "Drawing the Rage: Shane Davis Talks Red Lanterns". Newsarama. Archived from the original on December 7, 2013.
- Brownfield, Troy (June 28, 2008). "WWC: DCU: Crisis Panel Report". Newsarama. Archived from the original on July 27, 2013.
- Straczynski, J. Michael; Davis, Shane (October 2010). Superman: Earth One. DC Comics. p. 144. ISBN 978-1401224684.
- Phegley, Kiel (December 8, 2009). "Shane Davis Lands On Earth One". Comic Book Resources. Archived from the original on November 2, 2013. Retrieved May 23, 2010. Archive requires scrolldown
- McGuirk, Brendan (May 19, 2010). "Artist Shane Davis Soars W/ DC, Superman: Earth One". Newsarama. Archived from the original on December 7, 2013. Retrieved May 25, 2010.
- Straczynski, J. Michael; Davis, Shane (November 2012). Superman: Earth One Vol. 2. DC Comics. p. 136. ISBN 978-1401231965.
- Kilday, Gregg (July 12, 2012). "Comic-Con 2012: Legendary Comics Unveiling New Graphic Novel Shadow Walk". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on August 18, 2012.
- Dietsch, TJ (November 27, 2013). "Shane Davis Takes Readers Through Death Valley In Shadow Walk". Comic Book Resources. Archived from the original on December 8, 2013. Retrieved December 8, 2013. Archive requires scrolldown
- Rogers, Vaneta (August 1, 2013). "Shane Davis Co-Writes, Draws Batman in New Legends Digital Story". Newsarama. Archived from the original on August 15, 2013. Retrieved December 8, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shane Davis.|
- Shane Davis at the Comic Book DB
- Shane Davis at DC Comics
- Shane Davis at Mike's Amazing World of Comics