Shane Day is an American football coach for the Washington Redskins. He was the quarterbacks coach of the Chicago Bears of the National Football League from 2010 to 2011. Day formerly worked as a quality control coach for the San Francisco 49ers. He played wide receiver in Rhodes College as well as baseball and graduated from Kansas State University in 1999 with a degree in English. He has also coached at the University of Michigan for one season and Auburn Riverside High School in Washington for four seasons.
Auburn Riverside High School (2001-2004)
Day's first coaching appointment was the position of wide receiver coach at Auburn Riverside High School in 2001. He then spent the next three years coaching the quarterbacks for the high school, as well as taking on the role of offensive coordinator during the final two years.
University of Michigan (2006)
Two years after leaving Auburn riverside, Day became an offensive quality control coach at the University of Michigan, where he worked with future NFL quarterback Chad Henne. Day left after the season ended.
San Francisco 49ers (2007-2009)
Day served as the 49ers' quality control coach for three years, two years under offensive coordinator Mike Martz, who later recommended Day for work in Chicago. Day oversaw the quarterbacks in 2007, running backs in 2008 and the offensive line in 2009. He was part of the staff that coached South team during the 2008 Senior Bowl.
Chicago Bears (2010-2011)
Day was hired by the Bears on February 5, 2010 as their quarterbacks coach. He came as a staffing change which also involved the hiring of Eric Washington as their defensive line coach, Andrew Hayes-Stoker as their offensive quality control coach, and Mikal Smith as their defensive quality control coach. Rod Marinelli was promoted to defensive coordinator He was recommended for the job by the then offensive coordinator Mike Martz, with whom Day had worked with for two season in San Francisco. Both Day and Martz were not brought back for the 2012 season.
University of Connecticut Huskies (2012-2013)
Washington Redskins (2014-Present)
Day is married to his wife, Christie. They have one daughter, Vivienne.
- "The Official Website of the Chicago Bears". Chicagobears.com. Retrieved 2012-09-10.
- "Shane Day Name UConn Quarterbacks Coach". January 24, 2012. Retrieved December 24, 2012.
- "Chicago Bears hire San Francisco 49ers' Shane Day to coach quarterbacks - ESPN Chicago". Sports.espn.go.com. 2010-02-05. Retrieved 2012-09-10.
- "Bears target Shane Day to coach QBs | ProFootballTalk". Profootballtalk.nbcsports.com. Retrieved 2012-09-10.
- Balde, Lisa (2012-01-04). "Bears' Mike Martz Resigns". NBC Chicago. Retrieved 2012-09-10.
- "Shane Day named QB Coach at UConn". Yardbarker.com. January 24, 2012. Retrieved December 24, 2012.
|This biographical article related to American sports is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|