July 28, 1963 |
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
|Other names||Blackzilla, Shane Saul Diesel, Big Shane, Shane D., Big Diesel Shane, Big Diesel, Mike Osuhor, Shane Hudson|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight||210 lb (95 kg; 15 st)|
|Spouse(s)||Jana Armstrong (deceased)|
Diesel moved from Las Vegas, Nevada to Los Angeles, California at age 23 in pursuit of a career in bodybuilding. At age 28, he began posing solo for several magazines. He had an opportunity to do porn at this time, but he refrained because his parents, he said, "were still alive, and it didn't seem right." 
A few years after the events of 9/11, changes in airline travel took effect after certain legislation, and Shane received a huge paycut from his airline job. He began his main venture into pornography at the age of 39. Diesel says he was fortunate to start porn at age 39 because porn at a young age "can really screw you up."
He picked the name "Shane" because he wanted a name that began with "S" (his first choice was Shawn), and he picked Diesel after a porn worker told him that he looked like Vin Diesel.
Diesel signed an exclusive performing contract with Digital Sin in 2005. He eventually became known for his role as Blackzilla in several series produced by Hush Hush Entertainment. These movies consisted of Shane Diesel having sex with college girls of Caucasian descent and, during intercourse, making them utter racial statements and words (especially the word "Nigger"). In January 2008, looking to pursue a career in directing, he retired from the role.
Diesel is famous for his large penis that, he says, sometimes complicates scenes because the girls cannot endure the penetration. In 2010, New Sensations created a dildo replica of Shane Diesel's member.
In February 2008, Diesel signed an exclusive directing contract with Vengeance XXX, the ethnic line of New Sensations, to develop, star in, and direct films. His directorial debut for the company was the film She Only Takes Diesel.
In 2014, he said that he still holds his long-time airline job, where everyone knows that he is a pornstar. He says that managing these two jobs (pornstar and airline work) is a "a double life," as he transforms into another person named "Shane Diesel" on-screen.
Despite the racial themes in his works, Diesel maintains that he dates "all types of women" in his personal life. He says he judges "by charm, personality, and of course sexuality." The racial themes, he says, are simply the result of consumer demand; it is what people want to see.
He was married to pornstar Jessica Dee. Diesel in 2014 revealed his having a 29-year-old son who did not discover that his father did porn until he was 24-years-old. This son asked Diesel "to hook him up" with some of the girls in porn, but Diesel refuses to have his son exposed to "the kind of knuckleheads I deal with." 
Diesel lost his virginity at age 18 to a 30-year old woman. He says he has always favored older women.
In 2012, Shane Diesel's wife of eight years, Jana Armstrong (known in porn as Jessica Dee), died in a car accident in a suburb of Port of Spain where she was attending business matters relating to a strip club opening. Specifically, Jana Armstrong was in the front seat of a Mercedes-Benz luxury sedan as it crashed into a light pole. Diesel arrived in Trinidad five days later to cremate his wife in Trinidad. He accused the police of carelessly failing to administer a breathalyzer test on the car's driver. Newspapers quoted Diesel thus: “I am still in a daze over what happened. But one thing I know for sure is that my wife did not have to die at such a young age and I am in the process of doing my own investigations as I need justice to take place"
Awards and nominations
- 2007 FAME Award finalist - Favorite Male Star
- 2008 XBIZ Award nominee - Male Performer of the Year
- 2008 XRCO Award nominee - 
- 2009 Hot d'Or Award nominee - Best American Male Performer
- 2009 XBIZ Award nominee - Male Performer of the Year
- 2010 XBIZ Award nominee - Male Performer of the Year
- 2010 XFANZ Award nominee - Male Star of the Year
- "This Dad Lives a Double Life as a Porn Star". Cosmopolitan. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- John Scura (2006-09-12). "Shane Diesel". XBIZ. Retrieved 3 July 2010.
- "In Bed with Papi Chulo: SHANE DIESEL". Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- Rhett Pardon (2005-03-21). "Digital Sin Signs Shane Diesel to Exclusive Contract". XBIZ. Retrieved 3 July 2010.
- Tod Hunter (2008-01-17). "Hush Hush Entertainment Retires Shane Diesel as Blackzilla". XBIZ. Retrieved 3 July 2010.
- Steve Javors (2008-02-26). "Vengeance XXX Signs Shane Diesel to Direct". XBIZ. Retrieved 3 July 2010.
- Tod Hunter (2008-11-11). "Brooke, Diesel Tell AskMen.com 'How To Audition for Porn'". XBIZ. Retrieved 3 July 2010.
- Ashlynn Brooke; Shane Diesel. "How To: Audition For A Porn". AskMen.com. Retrieved 3 July 2010.
- cjeter (14 June 2011). "Shane Diesel: Humble, Sexy, and Politically Informed". TheUrbanTwist.com. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- "jessica dee - internet adult film database". iafd.com. Retrieved 2014-12-11.
- "Trinidad and Tobago's Newsday". newsday.co.tt. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- Tod Hunter (2007-04-30). "2007 F.A.M.E. Awards Finalists Named". XBIZ. Retrieved 3 July 2010.
- Steve Javors (2008-01-17). "2008 XBIZ Awards Official Nominees Announced". XBIZ. Retrieved 3 July 2010.
- David Sullivan (2008-02-15). "XRCO Announces 2008 Awards Nominees". AVN. Retrieved 3 July 2010.
- "Hot Video Announces Hot d'Or Awards Nominees, Venue". AVN. 2009-08-11. Retrieved 3 July 2010.
- Tod Hunter (2008-12-03). "XBIZ Awards 2009 Official Nominees Announced". XBIZ. Retrieved 3 July 2010.
- Steve Javors (2009-12-16). "XBIZ Announces Finalist Nominees for 2010 XBIZ Awards". XBIZ. Retrieved 3 July 2010.
- Ariana Rodriguez (2010-05-05). "XFANZ Awards 2010 Unveiled, Official Nominees Announced". XBIZ. Retrieved 3 July 2010.