Shane McCrae (born September 22, 1975) is an American poet. He is the author of the poetry collections Forgiveness Forgiveness (Factory Hollow Press, 2014), Blood (Noemi Press, 2013), and Mule (Cleveland State University Poetry Center 2011) and the recipient of a 2011 Whiting Writers' Award and a 2013 NEA Creative Writing Fellowship. In 2012, McCrae's collection Mule was selected as a finalist for the Kate Tufts Discovery Award and a PEN Center USA Literary Award. His poems have appeared in numerous journals and anthologies, including Best American Poetry 2010, American Poetry Review, African American Review, Fence, and AGNI.
McCrae attended the University of Oregon, Linfield College, the University of Iowa Writers’ Workshop, and Harvard Law School. He lives in Iowa City, Iowa and teaches in the brief-residency MFA program at Spalding University.
- "Poetry Center || Cleveland State University". Csuohio.edu. Retrieved 2013-08-10.
- "This Year’s Award Winners | Whiting Writers’ Awards | Programs | Mrs. Giles Whiting Foundation". Whitingfoundation.org. Retrieved 2013-08-10.
- "NEA: FY 2013 GRANT AWARDS: Literature Fellowships: Creative Writing (Poetry)". Nea.gov. Retrieved 2013-08-10.
- "Claremont Graduate University News and Events Index". Cgu.edu. Retrieved 2013-08-10.
- [dead link]
- "MFA Faculty | Spalding University". Spalding.edu. Retrieved 2013-08-10.
- McCrae’s Whiting Award Profile
- McCrae’s Profile on The Cleveland State University Poetry Center Website
- McCrae on First Book Interviews Website