Shanghai Disneyland Park
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014)|
|Location||Shanghai Disney Resort, Pudong, Shanghai, China|
|Operated by||The Walt Disney Company and Shanghai Shendi Group|
|Website||Shanghai Disneyland Homepage|
Shanghai Disneyland Park is an upcoming theme park located in Pudong, Shanghai as part of the Shanghai Disney Resort. It is expected to open in 2016 and will be owned and operated through a joint venture between The Walt Disney Company and the Shanghai Shendi Group. Construction began on April 8, 2011.[dead link]
Shanghai Disneyland Park will be a new variation of traditional "Disneyland" style theme parks found all over the world. As a replacement for a "hub", the center of the park will instead feature an 11-acre collection of gardens called the Gardens of Imagination. Other themed areas will include the Enchanted Storybook Castle, the largest and tallest Disney castle featuring an underground boat ride, and Treasure Cove, home of the Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle of the Sunken Treasure ride. There are rumors of a ride and a themed area to the movie Frozen.
- Disneyland Park (Anaheim, California)
- Magic Kingdom (Orlando, Florida)
- Tokyo Disneyland (Japan)
- Disneyland Park Paris (France)
- Hong Kong Disneyland (Hong Kong)
- "Disneyland Shanghai to open 2016". The Independent. independent.co.uk. 8 April 2011. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- "Disney and Partners Break Ground on Shanghai Disney Resort" (Press release). Shanghai Disneyland Press Room. April 8, 2011. Retrieved May 26, 2011.
- "Disney Gathers Local Friends for First Shanghai Disneyland Attraction". Variety. 6 December 2013. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- "Shanghai Disneyland". Shanghai Disney Resort. Disney. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- "‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ Themed Land to Open at Shanghai Disneyland". Variety. 18 March 2014. Retrieved 30 October 2014.