Shangus is a town and a notified area committee in Anantnag district of the Indian state of Jammu & Kashmir. It is located 21 KM towards East from District headquarters Anantnag. 74 KM from State capital Srinagar, Jammu towards west. Shangus Tehsil is bounded by Pahloo Tehsil towards west, Achabal Tehsil towards west, Anantnag Tehsil towards west, Warwan Tehsil towards East . Anantnag City, Srinagar City, Udhampur City, Bandipora City are the nearby Cities to Shangus. It is in the 1639 m elevation(altitude). This place is in the border of the Anantnag District and Kulgam District. Kulgam District Pahloo is west towards this place.
- Daksum, Kokernag (KOKERNAG WATERFALL),
- Anantnag, Verinag (VERINAG WATERFALL),
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2014)|
Weather and climate
It is very cold in summer also. Shangus summer highest day temperature is from 6 °C to 27 °C. Average temperatures of January is -3 °C, February is -1 °C, March is 6 °C, April is 9 °C, May is 13 °C.
How to reach Shangus Tehsil
There is no railway station near to Shangus Tehsil closer than 21 km. However Jammu Tawi Railway Station is major railway station 337 KM from Shangus.
Pin codes of Shangus Tehsil
192201 (Achabal), 192232 (Yaripora), 193303 (Dangiwacha)
Banks in Shangus
- The Jammu And Kashmir Bank, Ranipora (Ifsc Code : JAKA0RANIPR, micrCode: NON MICR)
- The Jammu And Kashmir Bank, Shangus (Ifsc Code : JAKA0SANGUS, micrCode: NON MICR)
Jammu and Kashmir Bank Branch Chittergul
- Jamia B.ed College
- Sheikh-ul-aalam memorial institute,shangus
- Govt Hss Chitergul
- Shaheen Public School Ranipora
- Smi Shangus
- Modern Public School Nowgam
- Govt Ghs Shangus
- Hanfia School Nowgam
- Govt Hs Andoo
- Govt Ms Kachwan