Shani Dham Temple
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (June 2008)|
|Shani Dham Temple|
In the last few years i.e. on May 31, 2003 the largest Shani Idol was unveiled by Anant Shree Vibhushit Jagat Guru Shankracharya Swami Madhavasharam Ji Maharaj. Since then, it has become an attraction for the devotees of Lord Shani. Before unveiling the idol of Shani, Shree Shani Dham Peethadeshwar Sant Shiromani Shani Charanuragi 'Datti' Madan Maharaj Rajasthani ji performed the enchanting of One Hundred Crores, and Thirty Two Lakhs Shani Mantras on the sacred grove.
The temple is situated on Chhatarpur Road, near Asola, and is 6 kilometres (3.7 mi) from the Chhatarpur Temple, about 8–9 kilometres (5.0–5.6 mi) away from Mehrauli, and 16 kilometres (9.9 mi) from Qutub Minar. It is equipped with the natural rock Idol of Lord Shani, as a chief deity.
Shree Shanidham Trust
The Shree Shanidham Trust is a non-profit, non-governmental social welfare volunteer organization established under the expert guidance of Shree Sidh Shakti Peeth Shanidham Pithadhishwar Shree Shree 1008 Mahamadaleshwer Paramhans Daati Ji Maharaj (Nijswaroopanand ji Maharaj). The Trust is engaged in social welfare activities in different parts of India but is primarily focused on Rajasthan, and has worked in areas of Rajasthan affected by drought. Some of their social works are as follows:
- Helping people affected by drought.
- Providing free fodder for cattle.
- Arranging food, clothes, and blankets to the needy.
- Organizing free medical camps in remote parts of Rajasthan.
- Pensions for the elderly and needy.
- Scholarships for meritorious students.
- Providing tricycles to the disabled.
- Arranging potable water in the interior rural areas of Rajasthan.
- Shree Shanidham Trust
- (Hindi) Shree Shree 1008 Mahamandaleshwar Paramhans Daati Maharaji blog
- Gurukul Ashwasan Baal Gram school for orphans run by Shree Shanidham Trust
- Shanidham Info