From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2006)|
A meat shank or shin is the portion of meat around the tibia of the animal, the leg bone beneath the knee.
Some dishes made using shank include:
- Bulalo, a Filipino beef shank stew.
- Ossobuco alla milanese, an Italian veal shank dish.
- Persian Biryani, with different shanks.
- Nihari a spicy National dish of Pakistan.
- Chilean cazuela with shank meat, in 19th century Chile during the nitrate boom.
- Labarca, Rafael. 2009. Meal in the Pampas During the Saltpetre Boom in Chile: A View from Historic Zooarchaeology. Revista Española de antropología Americana.
|This meat-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|