Shankar Dada Zindabad
|Shankar Dada Zindabad|
|Directed by||Prabhu Deva|
|Produced by||Akkineni Ravishankar,
|Written by||Paruchuri Brothers (dialogues)|
|Story by||Rajkumar Hirani
Vidhu Vinod Chopra
|Music by||Devi Sri Prasad|
|Edited by||Marthand K Venkatesh|
|Box office||30 crores|
Shankar Dada Zindabad (translation: Long Live Shankar Dada) is an 2007 Telugu film which is a remake of the 2006 Hindi blockbuster Lage Raho Munnabhai. Rajkumar Hirani, the director and co-screenwriter of the Munna Bhai series, is one of the screenwriters for this film (along with the Paruchuri Brothers). In addition, Dilip Prabhavalkar reprised his role as Mahatma Gandhi. It is the sequel to the 2004 film, Shankar Dada MBBS.
The film directed by Prabhu Deva, stars Chiranjeevi as Shankar Dada, Srikanth as A.T.M (Any Time Murder), Sayaji Shinde, Karishma Kotak, Sadha and Raja . The music is scored by Devi Sri Prasad. The movie, released on 27 July 2007 opened to very mediocre reviews.
Shankar Dada (Chiranjeevi) is a local dada and ATM (Any Time Murder) (Srikanth) is like his brother. Shankar is in love with Jahnavi (Karishma Kotak) who works at a radio station. She also owns the second innings house. The only problem is that she does not know that Shankar is a dada and believes that he is a professor. When Rajalingam (Sayaji Shinde) takes the second innings house Jahnavi, Shankar and the residents of the second innings decide to camp in front of his house. What happens when Jahnavi finds out who Shankar really is?
Even though the movie opened to packed houses, it later on turned out to be only an average grosser. The movie did not go down well with the audience, as well as the critics.
- Chiranjeevi ... Shankar Prasad
- Karishma Kotak ... Jahnavi
- Srikanth ... ATM
- Dilip Prabhavalkar ... Mahatma Gandhi
- Sayaji Shinde ... Rajalingam
- Venu Madhav...
- Sarath Babu...
- Bhanu Prakash...
- Kanta Rao...
- Yana Gupta ... Special Appearance in song Aakalesthe
- Pawan Kalyan ... Special Appearance as Suresh
- Ravi Teja ... Special Appearance
- Allu Arjun ... Special Appearance
- Nagababu ... Special Appearance
- Sadha ... Special Appearance as Sandhya
- Prabhu Deva ... Special Appearance
- Director: Prabhu Deva
- Story: Rajkumar Hirani
- Dialogue: Paruchuri Brothers
- Producer: Akkineni Ravishankar & Gemini Kiran
- Music: Devi Sri Prasad
- Cinematography: Chota K. Naidu
- Choreography: Prabhu Deva
- Editing: Marthand K. Venkatesh
All music composed by Devi Sri Prasad.
|1.||"Good Morning Hyderabad"||Devi Sri Prasad||Shankar Mahadevan, Divya, Rap Darshan|
|3.||"Jagadeka Veeruniki"||Chandrabose||Mano, Chiranjeevi, Srikanth|
|4.||"Bhoogolamantha"||Sahithi||Adnan Sami, Gopika Poornima|
|5.||"Aakalesthe"||Sahithi||Mamta Mohandas, Naveen|
|6.||"O Bapu Nuvve Ravali"||Suddala Ashok Teja||Sagar, Devi Sri Prasad|
|7.||"Good Morning Hyderabad ( Devi Mix )"||Devi Sri Prasad||Devi Sri Prasad|
- "indiaglitz.com". Devi Sri Prasad to give tunes to Shankar Dada Zindabad. Retrieved 1 January 2007.
- "nonstopcinema.com". Devi Sri Prasad music for Shankar Dada Zindabad. Archived from the original on 5 January 2007. Retrieved 1 January 2007.
- "rediff.com". Chiranjeevi rocks in Shankardada Zindabad. Retrieved 27 July 2007.