Shankar Mahadevan Academy
|Shankar Mahadevan Academy|
Online Music Academy
The Shankar Mahadevan Academy is a music academy founded by award-winning composer and singer Shankar Mahadevan along with CloodOn - Personalized Learning Platform. Offices of the institution are located at Palo Alto, California in the United States and Bangalore in India. The academy brings high quality Indian classical music education online for the first time.
Shankar's vision for the Academy is to share his love for music with people across the globe and to make learning music easy and fun, making it a rewarding journey for all. Thus, the academy provides students an easy way to learn music in the convenience of their own home and at their own place
The courses, which run for up to 12 weeks, are offered in both virtual class and self-study format, making it easy and affordable for music enthusiasts in the world to learn from the convenience of home at their own pace. Once enrolled, the students will be granted access to personalized student portal where they will find the materials and information they need to get started. Instructor-led courses include weekly virtual classes with a teacher and a small group of students conducted in the traditional "Gurukul" method, allowing students to demonstrate and fine their music skills. Optional instructor-led courses are also available. A variety of courses are offered by the Academy. The 5 main packages offered are:
- The Classical Music Courses: For those want to pursue serious learning of Indian Classical Music. Both Beginner and Advanced level courses are available. Beginner level courses need no previous learning experience.
- Hindi Movie Songs Learning Course: Learn to sing evergreen songs from Bollywood movies.
- Voice Gym: To develop a strong singing voice.
- Music Courses for Children: To initiate children into the world of music and develop talent.
- Devotional Songs Learning Course: To learn popular Indian devotional songs in a relaxed environment.
The OM Book™ (Online Music Book), is central to learning at the Academy. It includes a rich set of content from which students can practice and learn, including instructional videos from renowned artists that are designed to make it easy for students to learn complex music concepts. Riyaaz, the integrated practice tool, helps students get singing practice with tools for recording and playing back their voices, which can also be submitted for expert feedback.
- "Metro Plus Bangalore / Columns : Techno tala". The Hindu. 2011-02-24. Retrieved 2011-06-29.
- "Shankar Mahadevan Academy of Indian Music". Shankarmahadevanacademy.com. Retrieved 2011-06-29.
- "Carnatic, Hindustani, Bolywood and Indian Music lessons online". Shankarmahadevanacademy.com. Retrieved 2011-06-29.
- "Learn Carnatic Music Online | Hindustani Music Lessons | Bollywood Songs". Shankarmahadevanacademy.com. Retrieved 2011-06-29.