||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2008)|
|Born||Shannon Eric Denton|
Shannon Eric Denton is a veteran storyteller and artist with credits at Cartoon Network, Warner Bros., Jerry Bruckheimer Films, NBC, Disney, Sony, ToyBiz, Marvel Entertainment, Fox Kids, Paramount, CBS, Dimension Films, DC Comics and Nickelodeon.
Denton was a storyboard artist on the Oscar-nominated feature Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius and directed the original commercial animations for the movie. He has written for Cartoon Network and worked in live action on shows like Las Vegas, and his projects have been featured in Entertainment Weekly and Publishers Weekly.
From 1995-1999 Shannon contributed to the design and development of almost every animated action adventure show produced by the Fox Kids Network, including X-Men, Spider-Man and the Annie nominated Silver Surfer series, as well as doing comic work for Marvel, DC, Dark Horse and Image. He is featured in a section of the book Toon Art: The Graphic Art of Digital Cartooning and contributed to the cover art.
In 2000 he founded Komikwerks, an independent comic publishing entity with parter Patrick Coyle, which has partnered with AOL and comics legend Stan Lee. Komikwerks has also launched a new line of illustrated children's action books under the Actionopolis imprint.
Shannon is currently writing and producing on the animated series World of Quset for Warner Bros. as well as working for publishers Tokyopop, Arcana, Desperado Publishing, AiT/Planet Lar, and Image Comics on his creator-owned titles.
Comics work includes:
- Supreme #24 (pencils, with writer Gary Carlson, other pencils by Cedric Nocon and inks by Norm Rapmund, Image Comics, 1995)
- Deadpool #8-10, 12 (with writer Joe Kelly, other pencils by Ed McGuinness and inks by Norman Lee/Nathan Massengill, Marvel Comics, 1997–1998)
- Actionopolis #1 (with various artists, Antarctic Press, 2001)
- Common Foe (with co-author Keith Giffen and art by Jean-Jacques Dzialowski, Desperado Publishing, 2005–2006, tpb, 168 pages, December 2007, ISBN 0-9795939-6-4))
- Grunts (with co-author Keith Giffen and art by Matt Jacobs, Arcana Studios, 2006)
- "Aces" (with co-author G. Willow Wilson and art by Curtis Square-Briggs, in Negative Burn #7-10, Desperado Publishing, 2006–2007)
- Graveslinger (with co-author Jeff Mariotte and art by John Cboins an Nima Sorat, 4-issue mini-series, Image Comics, October 2007-2008)
- Gutwrencher (with co-authors Keith Giffen/Steve Niles and art by Anthony Hightower, 3-issue mini-series, Shadowline, 2008)
- Shannon Denton at the Comic Book DB