|Founder||K. I. Varaprasad Reddy|
|K. I. Varaprasad Reddy (Chairman)
Harish Iyer (CEO)
|Products||recombinant DNA vaccines|
|Slogan||Health Care People|
Shantha Biotechnics is an Indian biotechnology company based in Hyderabad. It is the first Indian company to develop, manufacture and market recombinant human healthcare products in India. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sanofi group.
The genesis of Shantha Biotechnics, Ltd. can be traced back to the initiatives of Dr. K I Varaprasad Reddy and Khalil Ahmed. Varaprasad and Ahmed established the company in 1993 to produce cost-effective drugs to reach the common man at an affordable price, while maintaining International standards in quality. The project originated as an R&D outfit at the Osmania University under the industry-university interactive programme in 1993, and later operated out of the Center for Cellular and Molecular Biology until an independent R&D facility was built.
Drugs developed by Shantha include SHANVAC-B, SHANFERON, SHANKINASE, SHANPOIETIN, SHANTETRA, SHAN5, SHAN HIB-DPT, SHAN HIB, and SHANTT.
Today, Shantha Biotechnics caters to major international markets including Asia-Pacific, Africa, CIS and Latin America in addition to international organisations like UNICEF and PAHO.
Insuman Cartridges Project
CM K.Chandrashekar Rao (KCR) laid stone foundation for Insuman Cartridges project in Medak district. This project which was presented by Shantha Biotechnics Private limited and main object is to produce Insulin in fewer budgets.
- "Shantha Biotech to launch 5-in-1 pediatric vaccine - CNBC-TV18". Moneycontrol.com. Retrieved 2012-09-28.
- Somashekar Mulugu. "Business Line : Companies News : Top level changes at Shantha Biotechnics". Thehindubusinessline.com. Retrieved 2012-09-28.
- Details: CM KCR lays foundation stone for Insuman Cartridges project in Medak
- Details: Insuman Cartridges Project
- Sanofi Pasteur homepage.
- Shantha Biotechnics Insuman Cartridges project in Medak district.
- Telangana State: insuman cartridges Project