December 23, 1982 |
Vancouver, BC, CAN
|Height||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight||210 lb (95 kg; 15 st 0 lb)|
HC CSKA Moscow
|NHL Draft||19th overall, 2001
Shaone started his hockey career with the Vancouver Thunderbird Minor Hockey Association (VTMHA). After proving himself at the community level, he was drafted by the Kamloops Blazers of the WHL and subsequently drafted in the 1st round, 19th overall by the Boston Bruins in the 2001 NHL Entry Draft. He was later dealt to the Capitals on March 3, 2004 in the trade that sent Sergei Gonchar to the Bruins.
Morrisonn was often paired with 2007–08 NHL lead goal-scoring defenceman Mike Green.
Morrisonn has begun to prove himself as a tough, stay-at-home defenceman. During the 2008 NHL playoffs, Morrisonn played every game with a broken jaw and a separated shoulder.
In 2008, after a long negotiation with the Capitals, Morrisonn filed for arbitration as he wanted to stay with the team but could not come to an agreement on financial terms. On July 26, 2008, an arbitrator awarded a one-year contract worth $1.975 million.
On August 2, 2010 Morrisonn came to terms with the Buffalo Sabres on a two-year contract. Prior to his second season with the Sabres, on September 24, 2011 he was waived and later re-assigned to AHL affiliate, the Rochester Americans for the 2011–12 season.
He is now playing for Spartak Moscow, on a one-year contract (2012-2013).
- "Two Amerks D-men reportedly sign in Europe". WGR550.com. WGR550.com. Retrieved 14 June 2012.
- Japers' Rink: 2007–08 Rink Wrap: Shaone Morrisonn. Japersrink.blogspot.com (2008-05-20). Retrieved on 2011-10-31.
- Capitals Morrisonn awarded one-year deal in arbitration. Tsn.ca (2008-07-26). Retrieved on 2011-10-31.
- "Shaone Morrisonn signs with Sabres". Retrieved July 17, 2011.
- Nicholas J. Cotsonika NHL writer for Yahoo! Sports, 27 Oct, 2012 http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl--journeyman-shaone-morrisonn-hopes-year-long-russian-campaign-leads-him-back-to-nhl.html
- Shaone Morrisonn's player profile at NHL.com
- Shaone Morrisonn's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|Boston Bruins first round draft pick