Shape factor may refer to one of number of values in physics, engineering, image analysis, or statistics. Typically, a shape factor refers to a value that is affected by an object's shape but is independent of its dimensions.
- Shape factor, or shaping factor, a performance measure for filters such as band-pass filters
- Shape factor of crystallites, a term in the Scherrer equation used in X-ray diffraction
- The view factor in the field of radiative heat transfer
- Shape factor (boundary layer flow)
- Structural indices derived from falling weight deflectometer data
In image analysis:
- The shape parameter, sometimes referred to as the shape factor, of some probability distributions
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Shape factor.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.