|Directed by||Prakash Mehra|
|Produced by||Satyendra Pal|
|Music by||Bappi Lahiri|
|Edited by||J. Adhikari|
|Release dates||1st June 1984 |
The movie stars Amitabh Bachchan and Jaya Prada with Pran and Om Prakash along with Bharat Bhushan and Ranjeet. The music was composed by Bappi Lahiri. The film is loosely based on Dudley Moore's Arthur directed by Steve Gordon and starring Dudley Moore.
The film was remade in Kannada as Nee Thanda Kanike with Vishnuvardhan.
Vicky Kapoor (Amitabh Bachchan), the only son of multi-millionaire industrialist, Amarnath (Pran), grows up to be an alcoholic, a spoilt brat but with a good heart. Amarnath has detached himself completely from Vicky's life and provides him money in lieu of affection and care, leaving this to be taken care of by Munshi Phoolchand (Om Prakash). Vicky is very resentful of being ignored by his dad in this unceremonious manner and leaves no stone unturned to mock and belittle him at every available opportunity. Amarnath hopes to get his son married, but Vicky loves Meena (Jayapradha), the daughter of a poor blind man, which is not acceptable to Amarnath. One day, Amarnath decides he has had enough and decides to turn Vicky out of his house. He has him sign waivers and asks him to get out, which Vicky happily does. While Vicky is relieved of being freed from his dad's control, the question remains that with no skills at making a living, how is Vicky to survive in a cold-hearted world?
- Amitabh Bachchan ... Vicky Kapoor
- Om Prakash ... Munshi Phoolchand
- Pran ... Amarnath Kapoor
- Bharat Bhushan ... Masterji
- Chandrashekhar ... Advocate Saxena
- C.S. Dubey ... Father of prospective bride
- Rajan Haksar
- A.K. Hangal ... Meena's Blind Father
- Dinesh Hingoo ... Neighbour calling police in the song "De de pyar de"
- Jankidas ... Rustom Bandukwala
- Jayapradha... Meena
- Pinchoo Kapoor ... Father of prospective bride
- Satyendra Kapoor ... Govardhandas
- Viju Khote ... Mr. Nahata
- Mayur ... Bar waiter
- Mukri ... Natthulal
- Suresh Oberoi ... Abdul
- Deepak Parashar ... Inspector Anwar
- Babbanlal Yadav drunker in song "jaha Chaar yaar miljaye"
- Smita Patil ... Guest Appearance in Song "Jahan Char Yaar Mil Jaye"
- Ranjeet ... Natwar
- Gur Bachchan Singh ... Ruffian #2
- Sudhir ... Ruffian #1
|1.||"Mujhe Naulakha Mangaade"||Kishore Kumar, Asha Bhosle||10:56|
|2.||"Manzilein Apni Jagah"||Kishore Kumar||05:55|
|3.||"Jahaan Char Yaar"||Kishore Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan||06:36|
|4.||"De De Pyaar De - Female"||Asha Bhosle||04:29|
|5.||"De De Pyaar De - Male"||Kishore Kumar||05:48|
|6.||"Inteha Ho Gayi Intezaar Ki"||Kishore Kumar, Asha Bhosle||08:53|
|7.||"log Kehte Hai Main Sharabi Hoon"||Kishore Kumar, Asha Bhosle||07:53|
Awards and nominations
- Filmfare Best Music Director Award-Bappi Lahiri
- Filmfare Best Male Playback Award-Kishore Kumar for the song "Manzilein Apni Jaga"
- Filmfare Nomination for Best Film
- Filmfare Nomination for Best Director-Prakash Mehra
- Filmfare Nomination for Best Actor-Amitabh Bachchan
- Filmfare Nomination for Best Actress-Jayaprada
- Filmfare Nomination for Best Lyricist-Anjaan for the song "Manzilein Apni Jaga"
- Filmfare Nomination for Best Lyricist-Anjaan and Prakash Mehra for the song "Inteha Ho Gayi"