||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2012)|
|Convener of the NDA|
1 October 1947 |
Akhmau village in Hoshangabad district of Madhya Pradesh
|Political party||Janata Dal (United)|
|Spouse(s)||Dr. Rekha Yadav|
|Alma mater||B.Tech from Jabalpur Engineering College|
Sharad Yadav, a politician from the Janata Dal (United) party, is[when?] a member of the Parliament of India representing the Madhepura constituency of Bihar in the Lok Sabha. He had also represented Bihar in the Rajya Sabha, the upper house of the Indian Parliament.
Convener of NDA 
He is also the convener of the NDA, since Feb 2010. With a personal commitment to good governance and socialist principles, Sharad Yadav was unanimously chosen as the NDA convener in a meeting of NDA floor leaders in both Houses of Parliament in February 2010.
President of JD(U) 
Today, he wears various hats. If he is the president of the Janata Dal (U), he is the Leader of Janata Dal (United). parliamentary party and convener of the National Democratic Alliance (India). But posts do not matter to him. Its his untiring work of the past 40 years in public life, simplicity and socialist cause that has earned him laurels. Born on October 1, 1947 in a farmers' family of modest means at Akhmau village in Hoshangabad district of Madhya Pradesh, he is an electronics engineering graduate from Jabalpur.
Political Importance 
The veteran socialist leader has come of age in the 15th Lok Sabha. Not only the Opposition parties but even the ruling party leaders look upon him for wisdom and support. Of course, there is no dearth of senior leaders in the Opposition ranks including H D Deve Gowda, Gurudas Das Gupta, Mulayam Singh Yadav, Lalu Prasad Yadav or battery of leaders in the BJP. But it’s the voice of Sharad Yadav which is heard by all sections with respect as despite being in the NDA and an ally of the BJP, he remains committed to secularism and honesty in public life.
Parliamentary Constituency 
Madhepura Lok Sabha constituency is one of the 40 Lok Sabha constituencies in Bihar state in eastern India. The city of Madhepura is located in Madhepura district in the state of Bihar. Madhepura district is one of the thirty-eight districts of Bihar state, India, and Madhepura town is the administrative headquarters of this district. Madhepura district is a part of Kosi division. Madhepura Parliamentary Constituency has a population of 45,015 (2001 census). Males comprise 55% of the total population while females constitute the rest of 45%. SHARAD YADAV won 4 times from Madhepura Parliamentary Constituency as follows:
|1991||Sharad Yadav||Janata Dal|
|1996||Sharad Yadav||Janata Dal|
|1998||Laloo Prasad Yadav||Rashtriya Janata Dal|
|1999||Sharad Yadav||Janata Dal (United)|
|2004||Laloo Prasad Yadav||Rashtriya Janata Dal|
|2009||Sharad Yadav||Janata Dal (United)|
Yadav is a gold medalist in electrical engineering from Jabalpur Engineering College and also has a Bachelor of Science degree from Robertson Model Science College, Jabalpur. He was also a member of the Indian Parliament from the Jabalpur constituency in Madhya Pradesh in 1977. Sharad Yadav, NDA Convenor rejecting L.K.Advani's assertion that after the next elections there may be a non-BJP, non-Congress Prime Minister stated on 6 August 2012, that NDA will put up a fight.
Best Parliamentarian 
JD(U) chief Sharad Yadav have been selected for the 'Outstanding Parliamentarian Award' for 2012. Yadav is a Lok Sabha member from Madhepura, Bihar. Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar had constituted an Award Committee to select the member for the award for the three years. He is a polital rival of lalu yadav
Sharad Yadav, along with others, were named in infamous multi-crore Hawala scandal for receiving 300,000 rupees towards a party fund. He was acquitted by Delhi High Court citing many reasons including that he did not confess and there was a lack of evidence of his guilt. In July 2012, he demanded that donations received in prominent Hindu temples, being public money, should be 'taken over' by the Government and utilised for improvement to Hindu religious places in the country.
- "Convener of NDA".
- "Madhepura Parliamentary Constituency".
- "I do not agree with Advani's 'prediction': Sharad". 6 August 2012.
- "Sharad Yadav, the best Parliamentarian". 4 March 2013.
- "Sharad demands govt 'takeover' of donations in famous temples". 11 July 2012.