Sharda Sinha sings Maithili, Bhojpuri and Magahi songs, has received Padma Shri for her contribution to music. Prayag Sangeet Samiti organised Basant Mahotsava at Prayag where Padma Shri Sharda Sinha presented numerous songs based on the theme of spring season, where the advent of spring was narrated through folk songs. She regularly performs during Durga Puja festivities. She performed when the Prime Minister of Mauritius Navin Ramgoolam came to, Bihar. She has sung in many movies such as Deswa, "Taar Bijli" from Gangs of Wasseypur - Part 2, "Kahe Toh Se Sajna" from Maine Pyar Kiya and Hum Aapke Hain Kaun and has also produced several music albums such as Dulhin, Pirittiya and Mehndi. Bihar 'kokila' Sharda Sinha performed at Pragati Maidan in the Bihar Utsav, 2010, New Delhi. Sinha started the programme with her patriotic song "Maiya bharti pukarela jawan babua tora hathawa mein deshwa ke shaan babuwa". Her other songs, included "Paniya ke jahaj se paltaniya bani ahiya piya lele ahiya ho sindurwa Bengal Ke," "Kahe to se sajani hamaar jogiya," "Sutal chaliya baba ke bhawanwa," "Sun ho pardesia," "Sasuji se lutri," "Apna sajaniya ke" and "Dulhin dhire dhire chalio."  Sharda Sinha also sung the famous song "Taar Bijli" from Bollywood film Gangs of Wasseypur Part 2.
ShardaSinha captivated the audience with the rendition of her famous songs 'paniyakejahaaj se paltaniya' and other Bhojpuri and Maithili songs on the second evening of BiharUtsav in Delhi on 16th March, 2013.
- Nalini Ranjan (2002-10-08). "Music knows no boundaries: From Maithili to Punjabi". The Tribune. Retrieved 2008-10-25.
- "Beauty of spring narrated through folk songs". The Times of India. 2009-03-22. Retrieved 2009-04-25.
- Manisha Prakash (2003-10-04). "Music maestros add to Puja festivities". The Times of India. Retrieved 2009-04-25.
- "Puja euphoria reaches a crescendo". The Times of India. 2003-10-04. Retrieved 2009-04-25.
- Faizan Ahmad & Dipak Mishra (2008-02-19). "Mauritius scholarship for two". The Times of India. Retrieved 2009-04-25.
- A new brand of music in Gangs Of Wasseypur series
- "Sharda Sinha's performance at Bihar Utsav an instant hit". The Times of India. 2010-03-28. Retrieved 2010-03-29.
- Gangs of Wasseypur Part 2: Music Review
- "Folk singer Sharda Sinha wows people". The Times of India. 2013-03-17. Retrieved 2013-04-17.