Sharissa Dawes (born 1976) is an American singer. She released a debut album "No Half Steppin" on Motown Records in 2002 which yielded two charting singles, and recorded a second album "Every Beat of My Heart" for Virgin Records for a 2005 release. Sharissa is currently gearing up for her 3rd independent release "All or Nuth'n".
Sharissa sang as a child both in Brooklyn where she was born and in the Bronx where she grew up. Her dad called her "Little Stevie Wonder," as she sang to her neighbors in the Edenwald Projects.
She went on to become a member of the group Triple Dose. In 1995, she joined the group 4Kast and released the album Any Weather as part of the group.
After 4Kast broke up, Sharissa was signed to Motown and in 2002, released her debut solo album No Half Steppin'. The title track of the album peaked at #78 on the R&B charts. The album's biggest hit was "Any Other Night" which reached #72 on the Hot 100 and #23 on the R&B charts. That same year, she also made an appearance in Queen Latifah's video for "Go Head", alongside Lil' Kim and appeared in the video of Aaliyah's posthumous video, Miss You.
Sharissa resolved her relationship with Motown and moved to Virgin Records. In 2005, she put out her second album, Every Beat of My Heart which featured a single In Love With a Thug with R. Kelly. However, while the album was released in Japan on October 25, 2005, it never saw an American release.
Since then, Sharissa has started her own recording label THE ASSIRAHS MUSIC GROUP which will be releasing her highly anticipated 3rd album "All or Nuth'n" which is scheduled for release in the 3rd quarter of 2011.
- (22 April 2002). Sharissa, Jet (magazine), Retrieved December 9, 2010
- (10 March 2004). Sharissa Biography, MTV, Retrieved December 9, 2010
- Next - Sharissa: A Women's Worth, Vibe (magazine), March 2002, p.102 , Retrieved December 9, 2010
- (2 March 2002). No Half Steppin', Billboard (magazine), Retrieved December 9, 2010
- (6 April 2002). Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles and Tracks, Billboard (magazine), Retrieved December 9, 2010 (listing Any Other Night at #23)
- (6 August 2005). Rhythm & Blues, Billboard (magazine), Retrieved December 9, 2010
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sharissa.|