Shark Bay Marine Park
|Shark Bay Marine Park|
|Nearest town or city||Denham|
|Area||7,118.63 km2 (2,748.5 sq mi)|
|Managing authorities||Department of Environment and Conservation (Western Australia)|
|Website||Shark Bay Marine Park|
Shark Bay Marine Park is also home to a variety of marine life, including sea turtles, dolphins, whales, dugongs, and smaller animals such as prawns and scallops.
The marine park comes under the Gascoyne Fishing Rules  and these rules specify the waters of the Shark Bay area as such (these are also known as the Shark Bay Inner gulfs): -
- Eastern Gulf Zone (that is east of the Peron Peninsula and north from Cape Peron North ( 25° 30.2‘ S. 113° 30.6’ E) to a line at (25° 16.6’ S) and east to the coast of the mainland. The southern portion of this zone - the Hamelin Pool Marine Nature Reserve has no fishing allowed.
- Denham Sound also known as Western Gulf Zone south to line at Goulet Bluff ( 25° 13’ S ) which separates the Freycinet Estuary
The Fisheries department also produces a Species Identification Guide to coincide with the rules 
- Western Australia. Dept. of Conservation and Land Management & Western Australia. National Parks and Nature Conservation Authority (1994). In Shark Bay marine reserves draft management plan : Shark Bay Marine Park, Hamelin Pool Marine Nature Reserve. CALM for the National Parks and Nature Conservation Authority, Perth, W.A
- (2008) Recreational Fishing Guide: Gascoyne Region Perth, Department of Fisheries.also available at http://www.fish.wa.gov.au/docs/pub/GascoyneLimits/index.php?0103 as a PDF file
- available as a pamhplet or as a PDF at http://www.fish.wa.gov.au/docs/pub/GascoyneSpeciesID/index.php?0103.
- Sumner, Neil R and R.A. Steckis (1999) Statistical analysis of Gascoyne region recreational fishing study July 1996 North Beach, W.A. : Fisheries Western Australia. Fisheries research report, 1035-4549 ; no. 115
- Thomson, Carolyn (1997) Discovering Shark Bay Marine Park and Monkey Mia Como, W.A. Department of Conservation and Land Management. ISBN 0-7309-6854-5