|Written by||Mike MacLean|
|Directed by||Declan Burke|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||89 mins.|
|Original airing||September 25, 2010|
The U.S. Navy commissions a group known as "Blue Water" to genetically engineer a half-shark, half-octopus for combat. During a demonstration attacking drug traffickers off of Santa Monica, the beast escapes the control of its creators and makes its way to Puerto Vallarta. Hunted by Blue Water and a television crew, the monster attacks numerous beach-goers. Sharktopus is eventually defeated by detonating explosives embedded in its brain.
- Eric Roberts as Dr. Nathan Sands
- Malakul Lane as Nicole Sands
- Kerem Bursin as Andy Flynn
- Héctor Jiménez as Bones
- Liv Boughn as Stacy Everheart
- Shandi Finnessey as Stephie
- Peter Nelson as Commander Cox (credited as Calvin Persson)
In an interview with Flixist.com, producer Roger Corman said that he may do a sequel to the film.
In other media
- "Sharktopus" appears on a list of creatures to rescue from a dying planet in the Futurama episode Love's Labours Lost in Space.
- In the episode "Under the Pea Green Sea" of the DePatie-Freleng cartoon Here Comes the Grump, Princess Dawn, Terry Dexter and the Grump encounter a "Sharktopus".
- Sharktopus overview, "The New York Times"
- http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sharktopus/ Rotten Tomatoes rates Sharktopus 40% "Fresh" from critics, 22% from audiences, as of August 18, 2012
- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1619880/ Sharktopus holds a rating on IMDB of 3.3 as of December 10, 2013