|Born||Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario|
|Occupation||Rehabilitation Science Therapist|
|Known for||Viceregal consort to David Lloyd Johnston|
A native of Sault Ste Marie, she has degrees in physiotherapy and rehabilitation medicine from the University of Toronto, the University of Western Ontario and McGill University. She also obtained a PhD degree from McGill University.
The Johnstons married in 1965 and were high school sweethearts.
As the Viceregal consort of Canada, she is styled Her Excellency while in office. She was invested ex officio as Companion of the Order of Canada (CC) by Queen Elizabeth II on September 5, 2010 during an audience with the Queen. She is also appointed as a Dame of Justice of the Most Venerable Order of the Hospital of Saint John of Jerusalem.
- "David Johnston named UW president", University of Waterloo (media release), October 7, 1998
- "David Johnston: Lawyer, academic, Canada's next GG", CBC News, July 8, 2010
- "Wife of next Governor General likes to write, but shuns the spotlight, say friends", The Gazette, July 8, 2010
- "Next governor-general unveiled". Globe and Mail. July 8, 2010. Retrieved July 8, 2010.
- "David Johnston to be Canada's next GG", Sun Media, July 7, 2010
- "David Johnston Curriculum Vitae"
- GG-designate visits Queen
- Sharon Johnston, Vice-Regal Consort Page
|Viceregal Consort of Canada
|This article about a Canadian viceroy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|