|Born||Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario|
|Alma mater||University of Toronto
University of Western Ontario (BSc)
McGill University (MSc, PhD)
|Occupation||Rehabilitation Science Therapist|
|Known for||Viceregal consort to David Lloyd Johnston|
A native of Sault Ste Marie, she completed her studies in physiotherapy and rehabilitation medicine from the University of Toronto and received a BSc degree at the University of Western Ontario and an MSc degree at McGill University. She also obtained a PhD degree in rehabilitation science from McGill University.
The Johnstons married in 1965 and were high school sweethearts.
As the Viceregal consort of Canada, she is styled Her Excellency while in office. She was invested ex officio as Companion of the Order of Canada (CC) by Queen Elizabeth II on September 5, 2010 during an audience with the Queen. She is also appointed as a Dame of Justice of the Most Venerable Order of the Hospital of Saint John of Jerusalem.
- "David Johnston named UW president", University of Waterloo (media release), October 7, 1998
- Governor General of Canada (November 28, 2012). "Media Advisory: Her Excellency Sharon Johnston to Give Keynote Address at the Third Edith Aston-McCrimmon Lecture Series at McGill University - Yahoo Finance". Finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved February 10, 2014.
- "David Johnston: Lawyer, academic, Canada's next GG", CBC News, July 8, 2010
- "Wife of next Governor General likes to write, but shuns the spotlight, say friends", The Gazette, July 8, 2010
- "Next governor-general unveiled". Globe and Mail. July 8, 2010. Retrieved July 8, 2010.
- "David Johnston to be Canada's next GG", Sun Media, July 7, 2010
- "David Johnston Curriculum Vitae"
- GG-designate visits Queen
- Sharon Johnston, Vice-Regal Consort Page
|Viceregal Consort of Canada