Sharon Road West (LYNX station)
|Sharon Road West
LYNX light rail station
|Address||8815 Crump Road
Charlotte, NC 28134
|Connections||CATS Route #19, Park Road
CATS Route #43, Ballantyne
CATS Route #55, Westinghouse
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Bicycle facilities||Racks and Lockers available|
|Opened||24 November 2007|
|Owned by||Charlotte Area Transit System|
The Sharon Road West station is a light rail station on the LYNX Blue Line in Charlotte, North Carolina, U.S.A.. The station officially opened for service on Saturday, November 24, 2007, and as part of its opening celebration fares were not collected. Regular service with fare collection commenced on Monday, November 26, 2007.
The station is located along South Boulevard just off Sharon Lakes Road. It has an island platform, which sits between the two tracks. The station is accessed by pedestrians off South Boulevard via a pedestrian bridge constructed over the rail right-of-way. 
As part of the CATS Art in Transit program, Sharon Road West features several pieces intended to provide a better overall aesthetic for the station. The most notable piece located at the Sharon Road West Station are its two, 18 feet (5.5 m) tall, stainless-steel sculptures at the intersection of South Boulevard and Sharon Road West created by Cliff Garten. Additional works include bas-reliefs entitled Skyrocket Oak by Alice Adams, drinking fountain basins designed to look like dogwoods, the North Carolina state flower, by Nancy Blum, bark motifs on both the pavers and shelters by Leticia Huerta and the painting of the bridge and retaining walls by Marek Ranis.
- Harrison, Steve; Kristen Valle (November 25, 2007). "Light rail, heavy traffic - Thousands wait in lines for a free ride on 1st day". The Charlotte Observer. p. 1A.
- Valle, Kristen (November 18, 2007). "Sharon Road West - An emphasis on walkability". The Charlotte Observer. p. 11M.
- "Sharon Road West Station: Art in Transit". Charlotte Area Transit System. Archived from the original on 2007-12-26. Retrieved 2008-06-21.
- Sharon Road West station site plan from CATS
- Sharon Road West Station
- Sharon Road West entrance from Google Maps Street View