Sharon Township, Medina County, Ohio
|Sharon Township, Medina County, Ohio|
|• Total||26.1 sq mi (67.5 km2)|
|• Land||26.0 sq mi (67.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||1,040 ft (317 m)|
|• Density||162.9/sq mi (62.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086603|
Located in the east part of the county, it borders the following townships and city:
- Granger Township - north
- Bath Township, Summit County - northeast corner
- Copley Township, Summit County - east
- Norton - southeast corner
- Wadsworth Township - south
- Guilford Township - southwest corner
- Montville Township - west
- Medina Township - northwest corner
A small part of the city of Wadsworth is located in southern Sharon Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
Public safety in Sharon Township is the responsibility of the Medina County Sheriff's Office and the Sharon Township Fire Department.
Addresses in Sharon Township are served by either the Wadsworth city post office or the Medina city post office.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Medina County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.