From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the educational title, see Shastri (degree).
Shastri is a Brahmin surname. Notable people with the surname include:
- Heera Lal Shastri (born 1899), Indian politician and the first chief minister of Rajasthan state
- Keshavram Kashiram Shastri (born 1905), founding leader of Vishwa Hindu Parishad
- Lal Bahadur Shastri (born 1904), second Prime Minister of the Republic of India
- Narayani Shastri (born 1978), television and theatre actress
- Narendra Shastri (born 1920), missionary sent to Bali in the 1950s
- Pandurang Shastri Athavale (born 1920), Indian philosopher also known as Dada-ji
- Prakash Vir Shastri (born 1923), noted Member of the Parliament of India (Sansad)
- Ram Shastri, 18th century Chief Justice in the apex court of the Maratha Empire
- Ravi Shastri (born 1962), former Indian Test cricketer
- Sirivennala Sitarama Shastri, Telugu and Sanskrit Poet.
- Shyama Shastri, Renowned composers of Carnatic music and oldest among the Trinity of Carnatic music.
- Satya Vrat Shastri, Sanskrit scholar
- Shukraraj Shastri (born 1894), pre-eminent Nepalese intellectual
- Sivanath Sastri (born 1847), scholar, religious reformer, educator, writer and historian
- Syama Sastri (born 1762), among the most renowned composers of Carnatic music
- Vagish Shastri (born 1934), Sanskrit Grammarian, who discovered a short cut way of learning Sanskrit
- Vishnu Kant Shastri (born 1929), Indian politician who served as the governor of Uttar Pradesh and Himachal Pradesh
- Anant Maral Shastri (born 1912), Freedom Fighter, Poet, Sanskrit Scholar
- Ram Nath Shastri (1914 – 2009), Dogri poet, Sahitya Akademi Fellow
|This page or section lists people with the surname Shastri. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|