Shaughnessy Elementary School
|It has been suggested that this school-related article be merged to the appropriate locality article. For more details, see Talk:Shaughnessy Elementary School. Article guidelines, AfD outcomes and notability guidelines may be useful. Proposed since March 2009.|
|Shaughnessy Elementary School|
Candour, Purpose, Resolve
Code of Conduct:Act Respectfully. Act Responsibly. Act Safely.
|4250 Marguerite Street
Vancouver, British Columbia, V6J 4G3, Canada
|School board||School District 39 Vancouver|
|Area trustee||Ken Denike|
|Vice principal||Nancy Paget|
|School type||Elementary school|
Shaughnessy Elementary School in Vancouver, British Columbia, is an elementary school. The school opened in 1920 as Prince of Wales Elementary and Secondary School. In 1960, the current Prince of Wales Secondary School was opened, and the school renamed itself after the surrounding Shaughnessy neighbourhood.
- The school's exterior, soccer field, and outdoor basketball court was used as Westmore Middle School in the film Diary of a Wimpy Kid and its sequel, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules and Diary of a Wimpy Kid Dog Days.
- The exterior for "Canterlot High" in "My Little Pony: Equestria Girls" was modeled after Shaughnessy Elementary School, although the other details like the dome on the roof, and the pony statue was entirely created from scratch.
- Official Shaughnessy Elementary School Website
- Shaughnessy Elementary School - Vancouver School Board
- "VSB Ready Reference" (PDF). January 2011. p. 23.
- "VSB Ready Reference" (PDF). January 2011. p. 10.
|This Vancouver school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|