|Born||Shaun Antony Harvey
25 May 1970
|Known for||Chief Executive of The Football League former CEO of Leeds United A.F.C. & MD of Bradford City A.F.C.|
Shaun Antony Harvey (born 25 May 1970) is a British businessman and football executive. Harvey is the chief executive of The Football League having formerly been the chief executive officer of Leeds United, as well as a club director. Prior to joining Leeds, Harvey was managing director at Bradford City. In June 2011 Harvey was elected to the Football League board of Directors and on 29 July 2013 became its chief executive.
Harvey studied for his O Levels and A Levels at Hough Side High School in Bramley. After leaving school, he took up a job at the Guardian Royal Exchange Insurance Company. With his heart in sport, he then took up an administration job at Farsley Celtic F.C. which led to a chance meeting with Geoffrey Richmond, the then chairman of Scarborough. In February 1992, Harvey took up at job at Scarborough after having been personally invited by Richmond to the club. When Richmond became chairman of Bradford City, Harvey followed him where he eventually became Managing Director and led the club into the Premier League for the first time. The club also experienced two spells in administration.
In June 2004, after ten years at Bradford, Harvey joined Leeds United as chief executive officer. Harvey became part of the new management of Leeds which included Richmond who joined the club as a board advisor. In May 2007, the club went into administration. Harvey, along with former club chairman, Ken Bates and former director, Mark Taylor, quickly formed a new company called Leeds United Football Club Limited and bought the club back. After months of legal and monetary disputes, Harvey, Bates and Taylor won back full control of the club. Harvey's investment in the new company saw him become a club director and the company secretary.
On 1 July 2013 Harvey stepped down as chief executive officer of Leeds United at the same time Ken Bates tenure as chairman ended. He was replaced by David Haigh, deputy chief executive of new owners GFH Capital, who took up the role of managing director.
- "Football League appoints Shaun Harvey as new chief executive". Thue Guardian. 29 Jul 2013. Retrieved 28 Aug 2013.
- "The other boss". Leeds, Leeds, Leeds. December 2007. pp. 24–30.
- "Leeds United News - June 2004". leeds-fans.org.uk. 2004-06-30. Retrieved 2009-08-15.[dead link]
- "Richmond Quits Leeds". BBC Sport. 21 April 2004. Retrieved 2009-08-15.
- Paul Robinson (31 August 2007). "Taxman pulls out of Leeds United court challenge". Yorkshire Evening Post. Retrieved 2009-08-15.[dead link]
- "A good day for Leeds United". Marching on Together. 1 Jul 2013. Retrieved 28 Aug 2013.