|WNBA's Indiana Fever – No. 1|
|Born||August 28, 1986|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight||155 lb (70 kg)|
|Draft||11th overall, 2009
|Detroit Shock (2009)
Tulsa Shock (2010)
Indiana Fever (2010–present)
|Awards and honors|
|WNBA Most Improved Player (2013)
WNBA All-Star (2013)
WNBA All-Rookie Team (2009)
2009 Third Team All-American
2007 Big East Most Improved Player
Shavonte Zellous (born August 28, 1986) is an American professional basketball player. She currently plays the guard position for the Indiana Fever in the WNBA and previously was a standout basketball player at the University of Pittsburgh. Zellous was drafted 11th in the first round of the 2009 WNBA Draft by the Shock. As a rookie in 2009, Zellous ranked second among rookies in points (11.9), was second overall in the league in free throws made (155) and averaged 1.8 assists per game. Zellous scored in double-digits in 21 of the 34 games played during her first season and earned honors by making the WNBA All-Rookie Team, the lowest draft selection to ever make the All-Rookie team up until that point. Zellous was a member of the Indiana Fever team that won the WNBA championship in 2012 and was named a WNBA All-Star in 2013.
While in college, Zellous was a standout guard for the University of Pittsburgh women's basketball team from 2005–2009. While there, she helped lead her team to a WNIT "Final Four" in 2006 and three straight NCAA tournament appearances from 2007–2009, during which her team advanced to the "Sweet Sixteen" in 2008 and 2009. While at Pitt, she earned Third Team AP All-American honors in 2009 and was the Big East Conference Most Improved Player in 2007. Zellous finished her career at Pitt ranked third on the university's all-time scoring list with 2,253 points. Zellous also became the first player in Pitt history (men's or women's) and the ninth in Big East history (men's or women's) to score 600 points in three separate seasons.
In 2013, Zellous almost doubled her scoring average, from 7.5 ppg in 2012 to 14.7 ppg in 2013. This improvement, coupled with increases in rebounding and shooting percentage helped her to win the WNBA Most-Improved player award in 2013.
- "WNBA Names 2009 adidas All-Rookie Team". WNBA.com. September 24, 2009. Retrieved October 5, 2009.
- Pretzer, Ryan (September 24, 2009). "Recognition for the Rookie". Detroitshock.com. Retrieved October 5, 2009.
- "Former Pitt Star Shavonte Zellous Named to WNBA All-Star Team". PittsburghPanthers.com. July 23, 2013. Retrieved July 24, 2013.
- "Former Pitt guard Shavonte Zellous to play in her first professional game for the Detroit Shock". University of Pittsburgh. 09–06–05. Retrieved June 6, 2009.
- Michaelson, Lee (September 22, 2013). "Fever's Zellous is 2013 WNBA Most Improved Player". FullCourt.com. Lee Michaelson. Retrieved 23 Sep 2013.