|Birth name||Shawn Cory Emanuel|
|Born||5 January (Capricorn)
London, England, United Kingdom
|Genres||R&B, pop, dance-pop|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, song writer & Producer|
Shawn "J.Epic" Emanuel, born on 5 January is a singer/songwriter from West London. Shawn toured with singer Kelly Rowland as an opening act for her Simply Deeper Tour and went later on to support Beyoncé Knowles for the European part of her Dangerously in Love Tour. He was also one of the opening acts on the European leg of Destiny's Child's Destiny Fulfilled ... And Lovin' It tour. Soon after Shawn was invited by rapper Kanye West to join the latter's tour. Other tours include the Sugababes Taller in more ways tour, Jagged Edge and Missy Elliott. Shawn was signed to EMI for a 5 album deal.
His album with EMI was titled "Dreamworld". The album was recorded in the old school Motown style, which included recording live vocals on tape and not digitally. His First single "Slow it Down", produced by Dan Carey (Music) was released on 29 May 2006 and his second single "U Better Believe it" was released on 16 October 2006. All tracks were mixed by multi-Grammy Award winner, Tom Elmhirst; noted for his work with British singer's Adele and Amy Winehouse. His "Dreamworld" album was not released due to his departure from EMI in 2007.
In 2001 before becoming a solo artist, Shawn Founded a group called "ic3", which after his departure (reason unidentified) became "Fundmental 03" and now "FDM".
- "Slow It Down" (29 May 2006)
- "U Better Believe" featuring Malik Yusef (16 October 2006)
- "The Situation Magazine: Beyonce Concert". Retrieved 2010-06-26.
- "Shawn Emanuel: Official site" (SHOCKWAVE FLASH). Retrieved 2006-10-17.
- "UK Music: Shawn Emanuel" (SHOCKWAVE FLASH). Retrieved 2010-06-26.[dead link]
- "Slow It Down: Shawn Emanuel Fansite" (SHOCKWAVE FLASH). Retrieved 2010-06-26.