Shayne M. Bowen
|Shayne M. Bowen|
|First Quorum of the Seventy|
|April 1, 2006|
|Called by||Gordon B. Hinckley|
|Born||Shayne Martell Bowen
August 29, 1954
Rigby, Idaho, United States
Bowen was born in Rigby, Idaho. From 1973 to 1975, he was a missionary in the church's Chile Santiago Mission. During his time in Santiago he was briefly imprisoned by the Augusto Pinochet regime under suspicions of espionage. He was released when they realized he was simply a missionary. After his mission he studied at Brigham Young University, where he received a bachelors degree in English and a minor in Spanish in 1977.
Bowen was employed in the insurance business and was president and owner of Bowen Insurance, now known as BowenGroup. He is married to Lynette Mortensen and they have seven children.
In April 2006, Bowen was appointed a member of the First Quorum of the Seventy. He served as president of the church's South America South Area from 2008 to 2010. In 2011, he was appointed as an Assistant Executive Director in the church's Priesthood Department.
-  Mormon Channel, Conversations, Elder Shayne M Bowern
- “Elder Shayne M. Bowen Of the Seventy,” Liahona, May 2006, p. 124
- Church News, April 22, 2006; December 8, 1990; December 11, 1999; April 16, 2005.
- "General Authorities: Elder Shayne M. Bowen", lds.org
- Grampa Bill's G.A. Pages: Shayne M. Bowen
- BowenGroup's Homepage