She's a Hottie
|"She's A Hottie"|
|Single by Toby Keith|
|from the album 35 Biggest Hits|
|Released||March 4, 2008|
|Toby Keith singles chronology|
"She's a Hottie" is a single co-written and recorded by American country music artist Toby Keith. It was the only new track on his 2008 compilation album 35 Biggest Hits, and was released as a single on March 4, 2008. The song was included on the compilation's second disc. Keith wrote the song along with Bobby Pinson.
The song is up-tempo, based on electric guitar and banjo riffs. Its lyrics find the male narrator describing a rebellious but attractive female lover, whom he refers to as a "hottie" ("Hottie, she's a hottie / Got a smokin' little body").
A live music video from the 2008 CMT Music Awards was released in 2008 and directed by Alan Carter.
The 9513 critic Brady Vercher gave the song a "thumbs down" rating, calling it "dreadful" and "forgo[ing] any semblance of substance". He also criticized the production, saying that it "sounds like a kid who got a new toy and spent a couple of hours putting something together that he thought sounded cool", noting such points as the vocal distortion on the song's bridge, and the use of repeated "ki yi diggy diggy" in the chorus. Country Weekly critic Chris Neal, in his review of 35 Biggest Hits, also described the song negatively, saying that it was "too slight" to work with or against Keith's "blustery braggadocio". A more positive review was from Kevin John Coyne, reviewing the song for Country Universe. Coyne gave it a B+ rating and he described "She's a Hottie" as "the kind of song that your mind tells you is a piece of trash, right before it betrays you by planting the hook in the deep recesses of your brain and hitting the repeat button." He then goes on to describe it as "some damn fine hillbilly ear candy." 
The song is available as downloadable content for the game Rock Band.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||13|
|US Billboard Hot 100||71|
|US Billboard Pop 100||78|
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||85|
- Vercher, Brady (2008-03-09). "Toby Keith - "She's a Hottie"". The 9513. Retrieved 2008-08-01.
- Neal, Chris (2008-06-16). "Toby Keith - 35 Biggest Hits". Country Weekly. Retrieved 2008-08-01.
- Coyne, Kevin John (2008-03-01). "Toby Keith - "She's a Hottie"". Country Universe. Retrieved 2010-06-17.
- "Toby Keith Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Toby Keith.
- "Toby Keith Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Toby Keith.
- "Toby Keith Album & Song Chart History" Canadian Hot 100 for Toby Keith.