She (1917 film)
|Directed by||Kenean Buel|
|Written by||Mary Murillo (scenario)|
|Based on||She: A History of Adventure
by H. Rider Haggard
|Cinematography||Frank G. Kugler|
|Distributed by||Fox Film Corporation|
She was a 1917 American silent fantasy adventure drama film directed by Kenean Buel and produced and distributed by the Fox Film Corporation. The film is loosely based on H. Rider Haggard's oft filmed 1887 best-selling novel, She: A History of Adventure. This was the first screen adaptation of the novel which starred Valeska Suratt and Ben Taggart. The film is now considered lost.
- Valeska Suratt - Ayesha, 'She'
- Ben Taggart - Leo Vincey
- Miriam Fouche - Ustane
- Thomas Wigney Persyval - Billali
- Tom Burrough - Horace Holly
- Martin Reagan - Job
- Leibfried, Philip (2000). Rudyard Kipling and Sir Henry Rider Haggard On Screen, Stage, Radio, and Television. McFarland. p. 166. ISBN 0-786-40707-7.
- She at silentera.com
- International Museum of Photography at George Eastman House; Pratt, George C. (1982). Faces and Fabrics/Feathers and Furs. George Eastman House. p. 3. ISBN 0-935-39805-8.
- She at the Internet Movie Database
- She at AllMovie
- a scene from the now lost film(Univ. of Washington, Sayre collection)
|This article about a silent adventure film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|