Her poems have been anthologized and translated into eighteen languages to date. She has done voluntary teaching and tutoring of Baha'i refugee children, disadvantaged Pakistani children as well as Iraqi Kurdish children in Pakistan. Kalbasi has worked for the UNHCR and the Center for Refugees in Pakistan, and in Denmark.
- The Poetry of Iranian Women  (Editor, Reelcontent Publishing, 2008)
- Seven Valleys of Love, a bilingual anthology of women poets from Middle Ages Persia to present day Iran (Translator, Editor, Phoenix Rising Arts Publishing, 2008)
- Echoes in Exile  (Phoenix Rising Arts Publishing, 2006)
- Sangsar (The Stoning, Sinbad Publishing, 2005)
- Hezbollah, from Echoes in Exile, Best Poem, Harvest International.
- The Passenger, Third place, Jerseyworks.
- Echoes in Exile, Collection, Annual Library of Virginia Literary Award, 2008.
- Echoes in Exile, Pushcart Prize, 2008.
- Seven Valleys of Love, The PEN Award for Poetry In Translation, 2008.
- Seven Valleys of Love, Anisfield-wolf Book Award, 2008.
- Official website
- Tehelka Interview
- The Diplomat Interview
- Take Part Interview
- Sheema Kalbasi at ICORN
- The Other Voices International Project
- "We are ashamed!", Iranian.com, 2009-02-04