Shefali Shah at Rahul Bose's sports auction event, 2012
July 1972 (age 42)
Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Spouse(s)||Harsh Chhaya (1997–2001) (divorced)
Vipul Amrutlal Shah (present)
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (April 2012)|
Shefali Shah (née Shetty) was born in July 1972 and is the only child of Sudhakar Shetty (former RBI employee) and Shobha Shetty (a homeopathy doctor). She spent her early childhood at the RBI quarters in Santa Cruz, Mumbai where she attended Arya Vidya Mandir, Santacruz, Mumbai.
Shah starred in the hit Waqt: The Race Against Time (2005) as Amitabh Bachchan's wife. The film was directed by her husband Vipul Shah. Her performance was appreciated by the critics. Shefali Shah's break through performance was as Ria Verma in the internationally acclaimed Monsoon Wedding. She graduated to mature roles as Kasturba Gandhi in Gandhi, My Father and as Anil Kapoor's wife in the 2008 film Black & White. She won a National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in Rituparno Ghosh's The Last Lear. In 2010 she took to the stage opposite Kiran Karmarkar in the Hindi version of Chandrakant Kulkarni’s play Dhyanimani, Bas Itna Sa Khwab.
- 1999: Star Screen Award Best Supporting Actress: Satya
- 1999: Filmfare Critics Award Best Actress: Satya
- 2007: National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress: The Last Lear
- 2007: Tokyo International Film Festival: Best Actress : Gandhi, My Father
|1998||Satya||Pyaari Mhatre||Won, Filmfare Critics Award Best Actress|
|2001||Monsoon Wedding||Ria Verma|
|2005||Waqt: The Race Against Time||Sumitra Thakur|
|15 Park Avenue||Lakshmi J. Roy|
|2007||Gandhi, My Father||Kasturba Gandhi||Won, Best Actress Tokyo International Film Festival Award|
|The Last Lear||Vandana||Won, National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress|
|2008||Black and White||Roma Mathur|
|2010||Karthik Calling Karthik||Dr. Kapadia|
|2011||Kucch Luv Jaisaa||Madhu Saxena|
|2015||Dil Dhadakne Do||Neelam Mehra||Post-production|
- Banegi Apni Baat as Richa
- Raahein - Lead role
- Kabhie Kabhie (1997) as Radha Pathak
- Hasratein (1996/97) as Savithri/Saavi
- Sea hawks
- "Now, I'll play my age in films: Shefali Shah". The Times of India. 24 October 2009.
- "Shefali Shah wins best actor award". The Times of India. 30 October 2007.
- "The Last Lear is my best performance: Shefali Shah". Sify.com. 16 September 2008.
- "Strong and never silent". Indian Express. 27 April 1998. Retrieved 27 May 2011.
- Kumar, Rinky (20 August 2010). "Re-living a dream". Indian Express. Retrieved 26 May 2011.
- 'I get on with life quickly' - Hindustan Times
- Harsh Chhaya's wife Shefali to replace Seema Kapoor in Hasratein : SOCIETY & THE ARTS - India Today
- Subhash K Jha (8 March 2006). "People say I look like Kasturba Gandhi: Shefali Shah". Sify.com.
- "Married to the 'boss'! Shefali Shah's waqt with Vipul!". Indiatimes.com Movies. 22 Apr 2005.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shefali Shah.|