Sheik Karimal Makdum Mosque
|Sheik Karimal Makdum Mosque|
|Location||Simunul, Tawi-Tawi, Philippines|
The Sheik Karim al Makdum Mosque is located in Tubig Indangan, Simunul, Tawi-Tawi, the Philippines. It is the oldest mosque in the Philippines and was built by an Arab trader, Sheik Makhdum Karim in 1380. The original pillars of the old mosque can still be found inside the new building. It is also declared as a National Historial Landmark by the National Historical Commission and a National Cultural Treasure by the National Museum.
- Madale, Nagasura (October 6, 2003). "A Look at Philippine Mosques". National Commission for Culture and the Arts. Retrieved September 4, 2014.
- MINDANAW: Oldest mosque needs repair
- "Resolution No. 4, s. 1998 Declaring the Sheik Karimol Makhdum Mosque in Tubig-Indangan, Simunul, Taw-Tawi, as a National Historical Landmark". National Historical Commission of the Philippines. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- Sulu, North Borneo Sultan Hails Senate Bill Declaring RP’s Oldest Mosque As National Shrine, Zamboanga Journal on November 28, 2006
- flickr.com: Oldest Mosque in the Philippines